Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The Raven Guard pack doesn't look too exciting. It's a good sign to see them starting to get stuff though.
of course its not exciting! there stealth operatives! hard to sneak up one some on when you have a 20foot flaming skulls on each shoulder pad!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
NOTES:

There will be more than one of each Primarch model. Chaos for sure, as they will be pre and post Heresy. Probably loyalists too (But not poor Ferrus Manus).

There will be a Garro model.

There will be a Warlord Titan, but not anytime soon. But when Tony Cotrell asked who would buy a Warlord, fully 1/2 the audience raised their hands.

Horus Heresy Book Series

- Book 5 will cover Calth.

- Book 6 covers the shadow crusade.

- Book 7 is penciled in for Prospero

– Mars Civil War book being within 4-5 books.

Also next primarch is almost certainly going to be Guilliman due to the announcement being held back till the ‘Tempest’ seminar Sunday (about ultramarines).
Prospero only "pencilled in" for book 7? What bullshit is that? Shadow crusade my ass.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Meduson - New Black Library Novel/Artwork

Here is a quick picture of an upcoming Novel cover:

Tempest Seminar at the Horus Heresy Weekender 2015

We are at the front of the Tempest Seminar. Here we go.

Primarch Roboute Guilliman has been revealed. Horus Heresy Weekender 2015.

Hi all.

The Battle Bunnies are doing on the fly coverage of the Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 and are the first to bring you images of the next Primarch: Roboute Guilliman. Here he is as a Work in progress:

The new hero of the Horus Heresy; Robute Guilliman. Hopefully just in time for Tempest (circa May).

Roboute Guilliman model.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
That is nothing like what stormbirds are described as in the novels. Everything is far too square. That's just a big thunderhawk. I really hope it's just a very early WIP.
They were prototype thunderhawks were they not>? Also what are Stormbirds described as in the books?
IMHO that models looks far too small werent they supposed to hold between 60-100 space marines and be Void capable? The gellar field generator is described as ginormous so this thing is way too small for a stormbird.

Hellfire plasma cannonade,
usr speculation?
twin-linked?, skyfire?, rapid fire? heavy 2? large blast/small blast?
Im really interested to know, as i like a alot of plasma weapons in my armies.
Most likely a version of Helical Targeting array and of course Atomantic Shielding, and a mix of Firing modes can switch between Small blast heavy 3 and normal shots heavy 6. Rapid Fire is wasted that thing is Relentless like all walkers. I am not sure about twinlinked either the autocannon isnt twinlinked.

Also any news when Dark Angels will be featured? What legions are still missing from 30k that were not mentioned so far?We know that Ultras,Thound Sons are coming but how about White Scars, Blood Angels,Dark Angels hmm who else?

Quoting BattleBunnies here
Where we go after Tempest:
Masterclass book in 6 months
Book 6 - Shadow Crusade, Underworld war, World Eaters.
Prospero - Challenges, a lot to fit in - Custodes, Sisters and 'other agents you didn't know were there'.
Thousand Sons are nearly done, play testing has or is going ahead - tough to get right. Different Cults are included. Right and powerful but not OP. Want them to still rely on Legion tech.
Ol Person etc may be included in agents listbeventually.
Airbrush paints later in year.
WTH is Shadow Crusade and Underworld War?
What do you guys think will we ever see rules and models for The Emperor and Horus Ascended?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Remember, vehicles have always been on a smaller scale than other models for game play purposes. The original Rhino's size was so it wouldn't take 2 turns to get from the back to the front after disembarking.

And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them. And not putting the Emperor on the table would frankly be a bit of a crime if you're doing the Heresy.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Alright nobody else will say it? I will. That xiphon interceptor looks alot like. Our is it just me?

I will still buy the model though I think it's really well done.
its got certain elements ,but then again the Colonial vyper shares a few elements with other scifi fighters such as the xwing and thunderfighter, that said you could really go to town and add a third engine on top to make a really cool vyper conversion easy enough, i really quite like it, really think they should have pushed this one over to GW and made it into plastic .
I like the stormbird, i never really liked the description given in the heresy books anyway, i prefer this direction.
seems FW have really embraced CAD sculpting by the looks of it too, i bet they have shit loads of products already to go.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
its got certain elements ,but then again the Colonial vyper shares a few elements with other scifi fighters such as the xwing and thunderfighter, that said you could really go to town and add a third engine on top to make a really cool vyper conversion easy enough, i really quite like it, really think they should have pushed this one over to GW and made it into plastic .
I like the stormbird, i never really liked the description given in the heresy books anyway, i prefer this direction.
seems FW have really embraced CAD sculpting by the looks of it too, i bet they have shit loads of products already to go.
Part of the reason why i put it up. It should be easy to turn this into a really close replica. Wish it was going to be plastic so i could get the chassis from ya ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Remember, vehicles have always been on a smaller scale than other models for game play purposes. The original Rhino's size was so it wouldn't take 2 turns to get from the back to the front after disembarking.

And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them. And not putting the Emperor on the table would frankly be a bit of a crime if you're doing the Heresy.
It would be but his stat line would be 10/10/10/10/10/10 with 10 wounds and his armor would be av 16 with 2+/2++ rerollable. Whats the point? He is a freaking God walking on Earth anything less in a stat line and Inquisition will show up at FW door step.

I get the argument for scale purpose but FW Thunderhawk is already very big, why make Stormbird smaller?
I love the version of Stormbird by BulldogUK

Also found this online , no idea where its from though. Anyone can shed the light?

Nothing wrong with Resin except price, look at all the amazing resin models FW is putting out, honestly I have more faith in FW than GW. I bet FW has shit loads of CAD sculpts of everything from lowly grunt we will never see to Warlord and Emperor class titans to The Emperor and Chaos Gods themselves.

*EDIT* Also the FW Stormbird looks like a FW Thunderhawk body mod, the nose fuselage look identical to TH. Maybe they took a Thunderhawk and just started making it wider with plasticard? :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Nothing wrong with Resin except price, look at all the amazing resin models FW is putting out, honestly I have more faith in FW than GW. I bet FW has shit loads of CAD sculpts of everything from lowly grunt we will never see to Warlord and Emperor class titans to The Emperor and Chaos Gods themselves.
While I generally agree with that statement I have to say that Plastic is MUCH easier to work with when working on Kitbashes, Conversions, or even scratchbuilds. Plastic wont have the same details thats for sure but there has to be a trade of somewhere. I'll gladly take plastic kits of everything FW offers if it was a possibility. Youre always going to get better details in resin but the difference is becoming rather negligible. and if you want that kind of detail then most kits have some upgrade options whether direct from FW or other Retailers. That being said I still prefer working with FW resin when i have the chance.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
And FW has said they want to do Daemon primarchs, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them.
They have been saying this for years,
if they aren't currently working on them, then it's only a matter of time.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
While I generally agree with that statement I have to say that Plastic is MUCH easier to work with when working on Kitbashes, Conversions, or even scratchbuilds. Plastic wont have the same details thats for sure but there has to be a trade of somewhere. I'll gladly take plastic kits of everything FW offers if it was a possibility. Youre always going to get better details in resin but the difference is becoming rather negligible. and if you want that kind of detail then most kits have some upgrade options whether direct from FW or other Retailers. That being said I still prefer working with FW resin when i have the chance.
Hmm I found Resin to be softer therefore easier to work with, its a bit more brittle which is annoying :so_happy:. Also remember the quote "The Devil is in the details" . Sure soon enough with tech improvements we might even find a better material than regular resin or plastic to make models out of, maybe we already have and I just havent heard of it.

Re: The Emperor, I doubt he's going to be all 10s. I mean each Primarch is a specific aspect of himself and even they don't have 10s in their stats. He will be awesome, but I don't think he's all 10s awesome.
This came to my mind

Well Primarchs are nowhere near the power of the Emperor they are merely fragments of his own DNA,
Well some Eldar or was it Daemon characters have 9s or 10s in their stats?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts