Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Sammy here. Quick introduction. Been a fan of the 40k universe for very long time (around 12 years). In fact it is my favorite scifi and Chaos is kinda my thing. Now to the bones of it all. I have been playing fantasy for a while now. Just around a year. Over there in fantasy land (which is my favorite fantasy setting) I play Lizardmen and Vampire Counts. However, recently I was given the Chaos portion of the dark vengeance set and a large gift card to a local games workshop. SO my question is this? What do I buy????

Both my other armies are fully packed so im gonna work on some chaos. So far I only have the starter DV set and the only thing I really know I wanna buy is some warp talons. Im not looking to make a army that is unbeatable and the best around but something to have fun with that is well rounded from 500 points up to 1500/2000. Any imput would be greatly welcomed.

p.s. I am one of those guys that gets into making my own warband/ renegade chapter and have wrote a entire background on them. Ill attach a copy of the paint scheme.

Attachments

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard, Sammy :good:

I'm more of a (slow) painter and fluff fan than a gamer so there's not much I can say about what to buy other than "grab whatever looks cool to you", but I'd be interested to know more about your chaos marines :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!
We love a good read here so feel free to share your background. I must say I like your paintscheme!

Welcome aboard, Sammy :good:

I'm more of a (slow) painter and fluff fan than a gamer so there's not much I can say about what to buy other than "grab whatever looks cool to you", but I'd be interested to know more about your chaos marines :)

Wow. Ill be honest I didnt expect anyone to care about the fluff I have created for my Chaos Marines. Ill see about writing up a rather concise History to give to you fine folks. But here is a very quick overview

(keep in mind I like very complicated intermingling ideas. Comes with having degrees in history and creative writing :/ )

But They are called the Ghost Wardens. They trace their gene seed lineage to the Heresy itself. Their home home system is a planet called Samhain (pronouced saw win) set in a system of stars nickednamed the the dull systems.

Unlike most the other forces of chaos The Wardens are first and formost about protection. Their main focus is to protect any cults, religions, and primitive believe systems that in no way, shape, or form relate to the emperor. I.E. anything the imperium would consider heretical. The wardens believe, that by promoting these facets of life, weather they be true deamon cults or innocent death world pagan believes, they will slowly break the strength and resolve of the corpse emperor.

I get alot more in depth but thats a thread for another day.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It looks promising! Renegades that is not mainstream chaos is always interesting.
I would suggest you start a project log to show your pics and discuss fluff. There is also threads for homebrewed fluff and the showcase where you can have your finished stuff presented.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Unlike most the other forces of chaos The Wardens are first and formost about protection. Their main focus is to protect any cults, religions, and primitive believe systems that in no way, shape, or form relate to the emperor. I.E. anything the imperium would consider heretical. The wardens believe, that by promoting these facets of life, weather they be true deamon cults or innocent death world pagan believes, they will slowly break the strength and resolve of the corpse emperor.
That sounds pretty damn fine as a nugget to expand on :good:

·
Registered
159 Posts
that sounds pretty kewl, sort of a reverse word bearers kind of thing. And first and foremost pick up the codex for chaos marines that way you can get a feel for what you like and what each model can do....and a heldrake cus people curse them and curse them and threaten to shove it in places for you using one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts