Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had to add a new chatroom to the site. It isn't as functional as the previous one but code issues with that particular chat left no choice but to remove it.

Here's a brief guide on the new chatroom.

Heresy-Online Warhammer 40k Chat

The following three methods will all take you to the Heresy Online Chatroom.

1) Firstly, you can connect using an IRC client. This is the best method as the others can be buggy and unstable.

Set up your favourite IRC client to connect to:

Server: irc.choopa.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #heresyonline

2) If you have an IRC client installed, you might be able to connect to the chat right away by clicking on the link below.

Open Chat In Client

3) If you don't have an IRC client you can try the following java applet:

Heresy Java Chat Applet

Note: Clicking the above link might display a security exception. This is perfectly safe and normal, simply hit no and allow the program to run.
If you haven't got an IRC client I'd suggest either

MIRC
Chatzilla (Firefox Extension)
HydraIRC

These will be the best option for joining the chat.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've been using mIRC for a while now, that's bloody awesome. Well done Jez on getting a replacement so quickly. I have fond memories of IRC shenanigans :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Bah, it won't work for me, even after I downloaded Java all I get each time is:

[18:07] Error : *** Banned: Temporary D-line 40000 min. - (r39/6318) Please change your real name to use this server. [drones/flooding] (2010/6/3 16.56)

Anyone care to tell me why? Bloody confused by it.....

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
Bah, it won't work for me, even after I downloaded Java all I get each time is:

[18:07] Error : *** Banned: Temporary D-line 40000 min. - (r39/6318) Please change your real name to use this server. [drones/flooding] (2010/6/3 16.56)

Anyone care to tell me why? Bloody confused by it.....
Same here, I've got the exact same problem a da.
are you guys running firefox? because if you are i would suggest getting the firefox add-on "Chatzilla" once you get it dowloaded, all you'll have to do is click on the "Open chat in client" link that Jez put up on the livechat page, and it'll automatically open up. then you can chat. I'm not sure about java though, it works for me...

CP

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
That's what I'm using (Chatzilla) and this is the response when I click the link Jez put up

*** Banned: Temporary D-line 40000 min. - (r39/6314) Please change your real name to use this server. [drones/flooding] (2010/6/2 22.25)
[ERROR]Connection to irc://irc.choopa.net/ (irc://irc.choopa.net/) closed. [Help] Reconnecting in 15 seconds. [Cancel]
Edit: I get the same message when I use MIRC

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You probably share an IP with someone that was banned. Its only a temp measure, but judging by the shit storm that went down last night after I spent 3 fucking hours trying to find a chat solution the new server change wont be any time soon.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
so this is only a temporary fix until we get something on the caliber of the previous chat system?

i can deal with that, if it turns into permanent im sure that the regular chat members, myself included, would not like it.

Edit: just ran the java - got booted like 30 seconds later - cant get back on...well looks like im not getting on chat til this is fixed (hopefully VERY SOON)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
You probably share an IP with someone that was banned. Its only a temp measure, but judging by the shit storm that went down last night after I spent 3 fucking hours trying to find a chat solution the new server change wont be any time soon.
That's weird because the nearest other heresy member to me lives over 15 miles away.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Nearest Heresy member to me is....Well, Cardiff maybe? Dunno. Using the room set up by WIDS currently, far from the best looking but it is an alternative I guess. I shall re-download Java or something tonight, perhaps that will help!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
For those with a dynamic IP address, just unplug/turn off your modem for a bit and then start it up and you should be assigned a new IP address. Hopefully that one isn't banned, too.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
IRC is a lot more reliable. Since it's such an old system, it tends to be pretty simple in a lot of ways, so it's easy to use and maintain. Once people give the new chat a try, they'll learn to like it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts