Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note, in case anyone wondered, the heads from the new Helbrute kit fit in the Dark Vengeance Helbrute's chassis perfectly. So if you wanted to give your DV brutes a little character or unique faces, the new kit has 6 heads.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Cool. Good to know, though I don't exactly expect to, say, buy any of them or get any more DV Helbrutes...

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Likely you may need to trim or play with them a bit. I don't have both kits so I can't tell you for sure how it's done. I'd recommend PMing venomlust if they don't get back to you here in about a day just to make sure they see your question if you're still waiting.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you've got the bit of the DV Helbrute that serves as the front of the sarcophagus, the head space is empty.

Take the head bit from the Helbrute kit, push it into the head space, with both facing forward. It doesn't fit into the DV chassis/sarcophagus interior the same way the DV head does (with a peg that slides into a hole, heh heh heh). You'll have to glue it so it stays in place.

I suppose I can take a picture if it isn't clear?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Using the DV Helbrute, I made some modifications with the new kit.
Getting the head to stay in place was easy enough for me. I just used the plastic glue, waited till it set and then I applied some GS over the back of the head to keep it in place.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry it took me so long to post these pictures.

Just a simple example of using the new Helbrute head in the Dark Vengeance kit, as requested. This is simply putting one part onto another part and then gluing it in place, nothing complex or difficult whatsoever.

DV Brute, front and back:

New Helbrute head, front and back:

Plop the head in, fiddle around with it until it's in the perfect position, and then glue/fix in place:

That's it. I'm just holding the head in place with my finger:

Next in the So Simple it Should Really Defy Explanation series: Unboxing Miniatures: Where Do I Start?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts