Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I never said they were unique, i said they were expensive because you are paying for the limited availability. The "limited edition" label on them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
They are damn sexy though. If only i had a wage coming in rather than being a poor student!

(Birthday presents aside) this is quite clearly aimed at hobbyists who aren't spending all their money on grey plastic crack already, those who have a bit of cash floating around at the end of every month. The sorts of people who are looking to make their hobby experience feel just a little more 'special'. Basically, dads. GW's equivalent of the 50 something man who spends £1500+ on a racing push bike, lycra shorts and shirt and only goes cycling 3 times.

And in that respect, it's actually quite clever of GW. The rest of the hobby has (relatively) fixed price points (£2 odd for a mini, £30 odd for a vehicle etc). That stuff though is, well, aimed at all their customers whereas these limited edition tools are actually easy money. You're not asking a casual hobbyist to put any more effort into their experience whilst improving that experience a whole lot. This is going for a niche in their market of casual hobbyists with money to burn. And anyway, in the grand scheme of GW's business model, what's £90 for a toolkit compared to say £60 for a limited edition codex?!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
They are damn sexy though. If only i had a wage coming in rather than being a poor student!

(Birthday presents aside) this is quite clearly aimed at hobbyists who aren't spending all their money on grey plastic crack already, those who have a bit of cash floating around at the end of every month. The sorts of people who are looking to make their hobby experience feel just a little more 'special'. Basically, dads. GW's equivalent of the 50 something man who spends £1500+ on a racing push bike, lycra shorts and shirt and only goes cycling 3 times.
That is a very good point, I mean I haven't bought anything from GW for a very long while accept for bithday presents for friends ecause I have far too much to do, as such I have saved a fair bit of money and these new tools may have given me a reason to spend it without increasing my work load. I mean while other tools may be cheaper for the same thing, none look anywhere near as cool

EDIT: But for the record I am 17 :laugh:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just did a check at my local one dollar shop, gonna cost about 10 bucks aussie.

GW is charging 162 bucks aussie, that is extreme wallet rape

·
Registered
74 Posts
What on earth are they thinking? $30+ just for a drill that doesn't even have power?? Normal power drills go for that price or less depending on what you find/look for. What on earth!? I was intending on buying the cutters but again $30+ ??? My xacto and clips will do just fine, forget it......

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just curious, to anyone who purchased these. Does it say "Made in X" anywhere on them?
As far as I am aware GW is moving all there production to the Uk or at least has been moving stuff over the alst couple of year, e.g. all the paints and I believe the minis are too, so I expect it will be Made in Uk on them if it does say anything (probably the box)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
As far as I am aware GW is moving all there production to the Uk or at least has been moving stuff over the alst couple of year, e.g. all the paints and I believe the minis are too, so I expect it will be Made in Uk on them if it does say anything (probably the box)
Makes it a little less of a rip off. If they were made in China, that would be a whole new level of rip off.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Um, I'll pass on this thanks...... :no:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts