Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts

Via this website http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/portada-de-la-wdw-12.html

This is the cover of the next WDW, the number 12.On this new number, which will be between Friday and Saturday in stores, it seems that the only novelty as such there is the The Ultimate Hobby Accessories . Indeed, I have passed what are the latest news and along with Altar Of War ( should not be for sale anymore? ), is more than anything theme tools hobby and others " -Pincer modeling Citadel: New pincers made ​​of aluminum and steel sheet. Citaldel-blade modeling. retractable knife comes with 5 parts modeling. sculpting Citadel-Set: Set of 3 sculpting tools, one with a special head for applying textured paints and brushes not mess our . -Drill.: Citadel Drill Manual 3 bits of different thicknesses -Set.: lime Citadel Set of 2 limes to round the edges of thumbnails -Clean burrs Citadel: Made of steel, perfect for cleaning lines mold. - Citadel Tool Set. aforementioned All tools in a handy carrying case to keep them " If you have told me is true, except some of the tools from the set of sculpted everything else already or do not see much sense ( A specified tool deburring metal? ) The rest is what you see on the cover, a battle report of The Hobbit, Astra Militarum and allies and typical items relleno.No out at first glance the new thumbnails. Thanks people of 40K Overlords
Leaving this here ok

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really getting tired of slating them for the over the odds prices they charge, but you can be guarantee that these will cost way over what you could buy them for in a hardware or model makers shop.
The clippers look pretty good in my opinion and they will still be far cheaper than what I pay for mine ;) but yes I expect GW will be asking for a premium price for the tools.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ouh noes. Now I won‘t be able to get hold of my weekly dose of limited edition crack.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because it increases demand, its an old sales technique called "fear of loss", limited stock, last chance to buy,last time at this price, when its gone its gone, etc etc these statements make people buy stuff they may not need because they fear they are missing out or isnt enough to go around or in the case of limited editions they are part of a club who managed to get the item while others didnt, it works most of the time too. Look at the limited edition codex and rule books, crazy ass prices for essentially the same product but they sell because they are slightly out of the ordinary and our particular brand of geek also has a taste for collecting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Sorry, but, I don't see the point in making a limited edition tool set.
From what I understand the set is limited edition but the tools will be available individually after this.

Frankly, they're too expensive for my taste. If they were gold leafed and anointed with the tears of a thousand angry neckbeards I'd understand, but as is I just don't see a point in spending that much on the stuff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
From what I understand the set is limited edition but the tools will be available individually after this.

Frankly, they're too expensive for my taste. If they were gold leafed and anointed with the tears of a thousand angry neckbeards I'd understand, but as is I just don't see a point in spending that much on the stuff.
I completely agree with you on the prices. I can get the same items at my local craft store at half the price GW is selling them for. They might not have the comfy grip on them but they do there job just fine. Sometimes even better than GW's. The best deal I got was an exacto blade set that came with 3 types of handles and a nice array of blades for 20 bucks all thanx to a 40% off coupon I printed online.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm actually really annoyed that they went back to files again and got rid of the emory boards, I loved those things cus it would let me get rid of any seems and file down green stuff really nicely, the files always left scratches. The rest of the tools do look really nice though, even if they are overpriced

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
you're paying for the limited edition aspect more than just the tools. Its all a promotional effort for the new website, LE gets a buzz going

·
Registered
55 Posts
Limited edition my puckered balloon knot!!! These prices are for the mentally ill!! What else can be made 'limited edition' in order to triple the actual value price? Glue, green stuff?
Oh wait, can't use my glue 'cos it's 'limited edition'!

Having limited edition models for the tabletop I can accept but a f**kin metal file and some hardware tools, really, really!!
I know I don't need to buy them (and I won't) but packaging this sort of stuff up to get extra money out of some people is poor form. I think in this case a little value for money would go a long way and, crucially, sell more.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
you're paying for the limited edition aspect more than just the tools. Its all a promotional effort for the new website, LE gets a buzz going
I gotta say I doubt this since you can't get the knife online which means that you'll have to buy the LE set in store instead.

And just for anyone who missed it: only the full kit with the bag is LE. Everything else should be for sale as normal.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I gotta say I doubt this since you can't get the knife online which means that you'll have to buy the LE set in store instead.

And just for anyone who missed it: only the full kit with the bag is LE. Everything else should be for sale as normal.

I am only talking about what is being sold through the website.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
And how is that different from anything else they sell? Everything they sell is sold on their website afterall.

Wtf? Promoting limited edition items through their brand new websites online store front rings attention to the website for any number of reasons.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts