Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

I got a good piece of news from a friend who works out of GW in Nottingham, He claims "new GUO coming in a month, maybe 6 weeks. Its a much much bigger model, posed in a similar fashion to the FW one but seems to have Nurglings spread around the base and guts. Theres some head variations too.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Seems a legit rumour, maybe indicating some new release (a Nurgle book? like the Khorne one, inbound)
Otherwise, lack of source (a friend of mine...balls) has this rumour low on my hopes.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Highly doubt this. Nurgle already has an End Times book dedicated to them. They've had their chance.

I wish GW would give Tzeentch some love every now and again.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their lack of love for tzeentch it's part of the greater plan of the Schemer...

Also, Nurgle had their books in Fantasy...but not in 40k, where Khorne is going to have a book for himself!

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Seems a legit rumour, maybe indicating some new release (a Nurgle book? like the Khorne one, inbound)
Otherwise, lack of source (a friend of mine...balls) has this rumour low on my hopes.
With a new BT around it would be logical to predict some new Greater Daemons. The old ones are Fine-Cast so it fits the standard slow replacement of it GW is pushing.. If its put out at the end of the End-Times 5 Book, then the next one hits when they do the 40K chaos Realise and the last one when the new WFB hits in the summer.

Or that's how I would do it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Highly doubt this. Nurgle already has an End Times book dedicated to them. They've had their chance.

Had their chance? GOU's aren't specific to WFB or the ET. There are rumours that each chaos god is going to get specific attention in the future.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Had their chance? GOU's aren't specific to WFB or the ET. There are rumours that each chaos god is going to get specific attention in the future.
I was not clear. I mean it makes little to no sense to release a GUO (A Nurgle centric model) during A) a period where we definitely know more models dedicated to khorne are being released and B) Why not release it during said NURGLE focussed book where it would have fit much better.

Just my opinion. I'm not against GW releasing a new GUO model it's just I think it is poorly timed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do agree, we could have used a GOU with that release. Wonder why they didn't do it.
There could have been issues with the molds or something production related. Maybe they opted to push one models release back instead of affecting the entire line up.

Personally I kind of doubt that scenario, I'd say they're just ramping up to replace more finecast. Bloodthirster, GUO, maybe a LOC in the summer, then theorectically a kos down the road.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
sculpts for all the greater daemons were supposedly completed over a year ago,
if that is the case they are just awaiting their appointed release dates.........

·
Registered
373 Posts
I do agree, we could have used a GOU with that release. Wonder why they didn't do it.
My guess is that they'd leave it till a later date as the end times Nurgle lot included the Glotkin and the maghoth riders, which are siniliar to a GUO in terms of size, role and design. Would have been too much in the way of huge bloated lords.
I see no reason why only khorne would get it's greater daemon, with all previous daemons releases each god has recieved equal treatment. They've not all come at once, but they've been dealt with fairly.
And as has been stated j agree that it makes sense for him tk clme out as a main big kit when 40k gets the rumoured books.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It's kind of funny that the End Times would do Nurgle first since Nurgle tends to become stronger towards the end of a campaign when it becomes a slow grind to clear things out, not the beginning.

Yeah i thought jt was funny that the Glottkin were the vanguard and khorne comes in last. Not to mention how effective it was.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

They've had since 6th edition Warriors of Chaos when it last got an update, IIRC (although it might have been 5th), the reintroduction of the Daemonic Legion in Storm of Chaos, 7th edition Warriors of Chaos, 7th edition daemons, 8th edition daemons, 8th edition warriors of chaos, the End Times Book II, End Times Book V with which to change it.

Your point is invalid.

Me? I want a remade Slaanesh one that's kinda similar to it's pseudo cow head version now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts