Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like Games Workshop have released new versions of their glues...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470007a&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

They now have Thick and Thin Super Glue - £4.10 each

Thick and Thin Plastic Glue again for £4.10 each

and a pot of liquid Green Stuff for £2.30 (pot is the same size as paints)

they look handy, god only knows when using plastic glue a thick blob gets onto into an important bit, that you can't get it out properly and you lose detail...

don't know if they are fair prices or not? never really looked into Liquid GS too much.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm always suprised that people don't use brush on glue (like Tamiya's) for platics... Anyways, good to see GW investing in the "craft" side of the hobby.

Phil

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
looks like Games Workshop have released new versions of their glues...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470007a&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

They now have Thick and Thin Super Glue - £4.10 each

Thick and Thin Plastic Glue again for £4.10 each

and a pot of liquid Green Stuff for £2.30 (pot is the same size as paints)

they look handy, god only knows when using plastic glue a thick blob gets onto into an important bit, that you can't get it out properly and you lose detail...

don't know if they are fair prices or not? never really looked into Liquid GS too much.
The glues are a tad expensive. Considering the glue I buy is about £2 and lasts longer than GW and has more in and in general it's just better. It's Loctite super glue :p

The Liquid Green stuff has been out a while (I think the same for the glues to be perfectly honest) and it seems a bit expensive, I'm pretty sure Milliput has their version of soluble Putty and it's been around for a while. Not sure how much though.

EDIT:

Also, nice to see GW using something that works:

:D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Liquid GS has been out a while but is affordable enough and ok to use

The glues are just pricey, revell make really good plastic glue for much cheaper, and I've never been impressed by the GW super glues

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
same opinion as calgar, the GW hobby products are really just marked-up products that are usually WORSE than the cheaper competitors.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I have used the gw glues today,yeah i visited a store ! Anyway they are very good,the thin plastic glue is almost certainly contacta professional in my opinon,its got some serious grab to it. normally i wouldnt buy plastic glue as im a superglue with a brush man but i would buy that stuff for delicate stuff and the super glues are brill on resin,didnt test on metal as they had non to glue. paints will be announced next week according to the dude in the store

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
So they're only, what, 15 years behind Contacta? :laugh:

And they still over price it, can get 25g (5g more) contacta for £3, easy.

And frankly GW Superglue can only improve. I've been using Loctite for a while with no complaints, but I get the solid bottle with a fairly precision nozzle which is a little expensive. Maybe I'll have a look at it in store.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
GW is about 15 years behind the rest of the hobby and i use Precision Poly which sells for $5.50 unlike the GW version for $11.00.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have NEVER used GW glues. Ridiculously overpriced. There are so many options out there, don't pick them!

Waste of bloody money...

CtS (goes a bit mental in his posting)

·
Registered
74 Posts
(allow me to channel Jim Miora)

Glue!
Why are we talking about Glue!
Glue!

But seriously, GW tries to get us excited about their crap hobby products when hobbists are begging for damn models to be released. WTF is GW thinking. And next week.......

Paint!
Why are we be talking about Paint!
Paint!!!

Why is GW wasting our time with their junk when there are soooo many more better products out there than what they put out.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
so talking with a few of teh guys and gals at my FLGS and we have come to the same conclusion dealing with teh glues

1. its about time
2. its kinda late now

most of us are already using other brands of glue that work the same and are less expensive..

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I really didn't like the old plastic glue, they all just seemed like bad batches or something, so I pretty much use super glue for everything. However, if one of my friends picks one up before I do, or the next time I need to buy a load of plastics (most likely with the new Eldar) I'll pick one up, especially the thin one with the pin nozzle.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Brought the plastic thin glue today and I dont see why people are complaining. While I do agree the glue is a tad overpriced compared to revler plastic or just random super glue it does work and work well. Usally I avoid plastic glue and just use generic super glue because they take to long to set or fall apart no matter how much I apply but I was quite satisfied with this. Sticks in decent time, not super glue quick but fast enough to move on to something else and it holds, Heck I was able to fix a broken Hyperphase sword and a scarab base with it.

Overall I'm satisfied with the result and if it wasn'tt so expensive I would probably buy more and use it more but as of now I'm just using it for fiddly plastic.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Not exactly sure why so many of you are so down on new glue and new paint,you moan about the old glue being bad so gw imrpove it and you are still complaining about a product you havent tried or ever will,thats just hating for hatings sake ,i have tried it and its good glue.
I don't have so much of a problem with the product, it's the price they charge for it. Like so much of their hobby stuff, products of equal or better quality are available for much less than GW charge, all you are paying for is the Citadel Miniatures logo.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
i agree with norm... the new glue works great( yes i have tryed both my FLGS let us all test some) but i would rather just keep buying the glue i am using now for cheaper price.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Not exactly sure why so many of you are so down on new glue and new paint,you moan about the old glue being bad so gw imrpove it and you are still complaining about a product you havent tried or ever will,thats just hating for hatings sake ,i have tried it and its good glue.
I'm pleased they've changed the packaging for the plastic glue. I haven't tried it, but I've always felt GW's plastic glue was better than most others I've tried, especially compared to Army Painters that seems to turn into Spiders webs.

However, like you said, I've got to try the Super Glue, and will try it when I have a chance to go up there.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i just bitch about the price... its ~$7 for a little bottle of glue, not even remotely competitive in the market.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Me and my friends have always found gw glue to be better then any other glue out there. I for one look forward to using the new plastic glue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts