Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the basics for my first gaming board!

Couple of pieces of terrain/scenery done as well.

So here we go...

Couple of thick pieces of MDF. Used some thin plasticard to make some paving. Glued them down. Followed by a hefty portion of sand. Then Sprayed the whole thing brown. Dry-brushed a lighter brown. Further dry-brush of a stone colour, focused particularly on the paving areas. Then a bit more PVA and some static grass.

Dragontooth Tank Traps were made using plaster in ice-cube trays. Glued onto some hardboard. Add sand, painted as the board was. Add static grass and some foliage type stuff (lichen).

Some Silo type things. Mounted on hardboard, on some styrofoam. They are made from the lids of spray paint cans. The pipes are finecast sprue. Painted the same as the rest. The silos themselves were painted with blue spray paint.

More scenery to come soon.

Comments/criticism?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looking good so far, looks a bit empty for a full board though are you planning on making more scenery?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
It looks pretty plain. Not bad, just plain. I think the tank traps worked out well. The 'silos' are really blue, and too clean and tidy. They also don't look like they connect to anything.

I think this table will start looking a lot more interesting once you begin adding more movable pieces of terrain. I'd recommend craters, burned out buildings, and some trees/forest.

I think it's a great start.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
a bit empty, but cool. simple and effective. waiting to see more debris, buildings etc.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
A good start! The benefit with a plain board is that it easy to expand and model with whatever scenery you put on! I also must second what is said about the silos, to clean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts