Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to post the rules yet I'm still ironing them out so please keep up on this with me. The idea is based off an idea I had. Some books have 2 builds or more. This is based around the idea you can have 2 primary detachments and each can have their own allies and Inquisition slots where they are appropriate. Other armies may have 2 extra HQ and a retinue with them to be fair and Also unfortunately since bugs/tyranids eat all who aren't them get 4 armies technically but again I am still ironing out all of the rules when I actually have a computer in front of me and not my phone I will send copies to anyone who messages me or comments I will also keep this up to keep new comers in the loop. I want you all to tell me what you think so far.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
So basically you're going with the 2000pt rule of 2 detachments, however you can take a different allied detach for each?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in theory yes but the totals are higher... much higher infact. 2000 for a single primary is good but for 2 primary detachments the points for that would be in the 5k to 8k ranges this is for massive fights apoc trembles to this I'm talking entire races put their best to bear in an all out battle royal but force organization must be followed on each army so that is your constraint. For my army I can bring in 2 primary forces over 15k with staying in force organization and the how an retinues for those who don't get Inquisition help. Super heavies and titans are also OK since they mucked up the game saying you can take them in regular games too so this is a big version encompassing Sky's, escalation, planet strike, cities of death, and all other variation and putting them together with simplified rules and brb exceptions

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I guess so but formations take up no force organization slot each army both primary and ally can take 3 formationson top of force organization

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look at the game as a whole..... NONE OF IT IS REMOTELY BLANACED. GK have 2 wound termite and are all psykers. Tau can knock mc out of the sky with markerlights. Guard and Nids can out number everyone. Eldars transports are broken as well what part of this game are you looking at that is balanced cause I fail to see it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hell the moment titans and super heavy vehicles became legal in casual play this turned into a broken game I'm simply taking the next broken step

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Look at the game as a whole..... NONE OF IT IS REMOTELY BLANACED. GK have 2 wound termite and are all psykers.
Yeah, they have HAMMERHAND. Shit, man, that's so broken on 1-attack dudes for 20pts each with shitty survivability. And those 2-wound Terminators, who are 15pts more expensive than normal Terminators for a lower damage output. Yeah, they're really breaking the game. Oh, wait, no, I'm thinking of 5th edition.

Tau can knock mc out of the sky with markerlights.
Orks can knock FMC down with Grot Blastas which come on a Scoring model for 3pts each. Guard can knock down FMC with Lasguns. FMCs can be grounded, that's just part of the game.

Guard and Nids can out number everyone.
Yeah, and infantry-killing guns remove handfuls of them at a time. Ever heard of a Sweeping Advance? Works wonders against Guard. Melee in general, in fact, since you don't need to kill an awful lot of T3 5+/6+ bodies to clear a 3" zone that stops them striking back.

Eldars transports are broken as well what part of this game are you looking at that is balanced cause I fail to see it
Yeah, 100pts+ for an AV12 tank with a D6+1 shot Ignores Cover Autocannon and a Scatter Laser. Truly terrifying. Annihilation Barges are significantly cheaper, with a Str7 gun that deals a whole bunch of hits (rarely do I see one get fewer than 6 hits), are AV13 instead of 12 (a significant upgrade, since it means you essentially laugh off anything that isn't a Meltagun or Lascannon), rear armour 11 (a significant upgrade since you're so much more resistant or immune to everything in melee), and, well, it's a lot cheaper, and doesn't require you to buy weak infantry to bring.

The part of the game that's balanced is the bit where you don't go play against assholes, or play the kind of people playing a different part of the game to you. If you go to a tournament without one of the few specific tournament lists, you're not going to have a fun and balanced game, because you're putting a square peg in a round hole. Find like-minded people who want the same from the game from you and you find that 90% of your grievances about the game go away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was making this for like minded people you brought up grievances so I retorted I know people who want to play certain ways but everyone has a broken unit or two I am just making a way to cover all bases for people like me who like running massive games but are limited to one primary when we have 3 or 4 armies we want to play in conjunction and be able to fo multiple builds from the same book for 2 of those armies I have da guard gk chaos chaos deamons and am building up my drop guard so yeah I want a game type that can even out the field maybe it congests things but oh well I like being able to run all 25000 points in a game and I hate super heavies Titans and flyers but I can't do a thing about it so I want to run 4 armies that cover my weakness for all

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is why I don't post I have an idea not even fully thought through as I mentioned on the first post and you begin dissecting it before I can post a revised statement or an actual draft of the rules. Great now I think I'm going to make a hate filled hybrid where no flyers or titans can join in that's not fair the idea was not fully formed and you look at it as if its a finished product oh and BTW tau firewarrior normal weapon is s 5 30inch range yes they blow in cc but only in cc. Wave serpents are just gross cause you pay yea but for a transport that most armies sit in a corner and pray for. Guard if a player is smart can and will knock out threats from range same as tau before you ever get close. So before you dissect let the rough draft get written not just a base idea

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I was making this for like minded people you brought up grievances so I retorted I know people who want to play certain ways but everyone has a broken unit or two I am just making a way to cover all bases for people like me who like running massive games but are limited to one primary when we have 3 or 4 armies we want to play in conjunction and be able to fo multiple builds from the same book for 2 of those armies I have da guard gk chaos chaos deamons and am building up my drop guard so yeah I want a game type that can even out the field maybe it congests things but oh well I like being able to run all 25000 points in a game and I hate super heavies Titans and flyers but I can't do a thing about it so I want to run 4 armies that cover my weakness for all
Why not play Apocalypse with no Superheavies?

This is why I don't post I have an idea not even fully thought through as I mentioned on the first post and you begin dissecting it before I can post a revised statement or an actual draft of the rules. Great now I think I'm going to make a hate filled hybrid where no flyers or titans can join in that's not fair the idea was not fully formed and you look at it as if its a finished product oh and BTW tau firewarrior normal weapon is s 5 30inch range yes they blow in cc but only in cc. Wave serpents are just gross cause you pay yea but for a transport that most armies sit in a corner and pray for. Guard if a player is smart can and will knock out threats from range same as tau before you ever get close. So before you dissect let the rough draft get written not just a base idea
Well you didn't post a full idea, so what else do I comment on?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I think that I would just play apocalyse without superheavies and then go "lets play cities of death too" or whatever would be appropriate....

or if you wanted to do EVERYTHING then either split it down to a lot of smaller tables/games.

If you wanted to absolutely combine EVERYTHING sans superheavies then I would just play apocalypse with some home rules.

----

Its not like in apocalypse you cant just say "hey bring everything you have that isnt a superheavy" or accept that if you want to play LARGE games that people want to play with their bigger and more expensive toys.

All in all I feel that you are making things entirely too difficult for yourself.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
...just bring two "armies" then. I dont care, most people wouldnt care...we would just pick a point level, Y/N on Superheavies, etc etc...

Its apocalypse; most people do not even care, and its not like people are going to be going to a game night and play apocalypse its something that is planned out.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Well yes but how to play 2 primary is my issue
Where's the confusion? It's exactly like bringing a single Primary Detachment, but with multiple Primary Detachments. The rules for that are already in the base game at 2000pts.

You constructive criticism no all out smack on base idea
Criticism of what? You've essentially made a game type which is Apocalypse with no Super-Heavies and a pile of really confusing, conflicting rules because you added Cities of Death and Planetstrike. There's not an awful lot to give a constructive criticism on because, well, it's Apocalypse with supplements. I think it's a bad idea, and it's certainly not new. How would I improve it? Play Apocalypse, and agree not to use Super-Heavies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts