Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it through their newsflash emails.

The Krios Battle Tank is a vehicle of arcane and ancient design that fulfils a tactical role within Mechanicum armies similar to that of the Predator tank more widely used by other forces of the Imperium. Its durability is provided by interlocking defensive energy fields, rather than physical armour, lending it a deceptively skeletal appearance.

The most common armament mounted upon the Krios is the lightning cannon. This configuration takes advantage of the tank’s powerful on-board reactor’s vast energy capacity to create a laser-path guided electromagnetic beam, able to vaporise flesh and rupture heavy armour with ease.

The rules for the Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank, as well as many other exciting new models, can be found in the forthcoming The Horus Heresy Book Three: Extermination.

A limited quantity of this multi-part resin kit, designed by Stuart Williamson, will be available to purchase at the Forge World Open Day and will also be available to pre-order on the day as well. The Krios Battle Tank will go on general release in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very World War 1, i can see some nice theming/kitbashing to go with it.

That has an interesting look to it. The end of the gun is a perhaps more of a blunderbuss that I'd prefer but it's not a huge deal, just one I'm noting.
More like the flaring on an old AA gun.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I like the tracks just not sold on the main gun however.

Can see a lot of conversions/kitbashing with this though.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Lol, that blunderbuss tank is awesome!
It's also a bit more steampunk-looking than what we are used to see from GW/FW, but I like it still. Those Admech models have all proven to be really good looking.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Reminds me of a Russian farm vehicle from the 1930's. Also, I know it's the AdMech, but the designer seems to have gone overboard with all the cogs. Not a fan of the barrel either, I'd probably wait until the inevitable alternative weapons options are. A big volkite weapon would look very cool.

Despite all these complaints, there is definitely something appealing about it. I think it's that it fits into the grim dark imagery much better than some of the Imperial stuff out at the moment.

·
Mentally hilarious
864 Posts
That tank is hideous. One of the ugliest things I've seen FW produce.

I love it.
Hahaha, best comment ever, thanks for brightening up my evening, Jacobite!

On the subject of the tank I find myself drawn more and more towards the Mechanicum, but I'm not completely sold on the foot soldiers just yet so I'll wait till we see more of the big 'uns before I do anything rash with that extra cash I have stockpiled somewhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll take 3 please.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
It's a weird looking piece of kit.

But that strikes me as being "very Ad-Mech" which is good. I like it! :good:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts