Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you think. Help me fine tune this.

Speartip Formation Points: 50 + Models

Formation:

1+ Force Commander (HQ Unit)
10+ Space Marines (Traitor or Loyalist)

*May contain Astartes in Power Armor or Tactical Dreadnought Armor.

Special Rules:

On Target:
Units arrive via Deep Strike accurately (units don’t scatter).

I love my job! Units may assault in the same turn they arrive.

Lead from the Front: The Force Commander must join the unit deep-striking, and must wear the same armor as his unit.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chaos doesn't have command squads, hence the lack of definition. I want it to be able to apply to Pre and Post Heresy Astartes, Loyalist and Traitor.

Maybe adjust the points a bit?
Re-wording? Maybe say Command Squad or Chosen?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Normally, I'd think so, but a Space Marine Battle Company is just 200 points plus the models, and you get a fair bit more out of that, so 50 points seems reasonable in comparison, since this is just one unit.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I find 50 points to be a questionable steal for the value. Guaranteeing that my uber assault unit of choice arrives where I want, when I want, with no risk of scatter/loss, and no risk of incoming fire, thus arriving in full health, is something that I'd make a 0-1 option with a much larger price tag.

How would you like to have Abbadon and 20 Tzeentchi Terminators w/ 20 Powerfists and 20 Combi-plasma rifles hit your lines on turn two and enter combat, safe from incoming fire, and practically unstoppable? Really, it won't matter how many titans or super-heavies you have on the table at that point. That unit will destroy anything it touches, and you'd be helpless to prevent it.

I like the idea, but I think the wording needs a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah, make it 75 at least, 100 if you want to be really balanced. Other than that, looks good. You're really taking this whole "Sons of Horus" thing to the max.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts