Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you think. Help me fine tune this.

Speartip Formation Points: 50 + Models

Formation:

1+ Force Commander (HQ Unit)
10+ Space Marines (Traitor or Loyalist)

*May contain Astartes in Power Armor or Tactical Dreadnought Armor.

Special Rules:

On Target:
Units arrive via Deep Strike accurately (units don’t scatter).

I love my job! Units may assault in the same turn they arrive.

Lead from the Front: The Force Commander must join the unit deep-striking, and must wear the same armor as his unit.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Normally, I'd think so, but a Space Marine Battle Company is just 200 points plus the models, and you get a fair bit more out of that, so 50 points seems reasonable in comparison, since this is just one unit.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I find 50 points to be a questionable steal for the value. Guaranteeing that my uber assault unit of choice arrives where I want, when I want, with no risk of scatter/loss, and no risk of incoming fire, thus arriving in full health, is something that I'd make a 0-1 option with a much larger price tag.

How would you like to have Abbadon and 20 Tzeentchi Terminators w/ 20 Powerfists and 20 Combi-plasma rifles hit your lines on turn two and enter combat, safe from incoming fire, and practically unstoppable? Really, it won't matter how many titans or super-heavies you have on the table at that point. That unit will destroy anything it touches, and you'd be helpless to prevent it.

I like the idea, but I think the wording needs a lot of work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.