Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I like all of it, but the combi flamer leaves much to be desired. I don't like how it has one barrel for both the bolter band flamer part of the weapon, also where's the fuel canister for the flamer? Still I'd use it as it's better than no combi flamer at all, plus I suppose it would be easy enough to convert it to add a fuel canister.

Edit: I'm thoroughly impressed by the transfer sheets, fingers crossed they do one for Dark Angels in the near future.

·
Mr Fantastic
231 Posts
Cool :biggrin: Now to convince the wife I need them!!!

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
that character conversion set just reeks of iron hands

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Iron Hands = GW's toilet paper. they are one of the most interesting chapters of the space marines, who are totally ignored in the SM codex in place of smurfs and all of their gayass characters, what are there, 6 in the codex if i'm not mistaken? what about 1 iron hand character? anyway, rant over, that power fist is indeed, very cool and the transfer sheets look good.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
IF and Ultras get all the attention. IFs, BT, and CFs have their goodies. Salmanders have the best SC. Khan for WS. Shrike for RG. Ultras have a whole damn Codex with, what, 6 SCs?! DAs, BAs, and SWs have their own Dex. So that leaves..... IHs. Which there is nothing for...... at least the Forge Master is a fluffy option. I guess when Manus died all SC/Rules potential died with him. At least you get some conversion bits.

·
Registered
332 Posts
To be fair, I always though the Iron Hands were a bit silly. What;s the point of going through all that organic restructuring of your body to turn you into a super human when all along all you want to do is lop bits off and turn into a robot to do the same thing... :laugh:

I'm a bit dissapointed with the kit, but its a step in the right direction. Fond of the old skool plasma pistol!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
will deffinately be picking a couple of those conversion kits up.

that powerfist is shit hot!

also, more bionic limbs are welcome anytime :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
where's the fuel canister for the flamer?
Isn't the flamer on a combi-flamer a one-shot weapon? So wouldn't a canister be unnecessary? Surely they can argue that the fuel is inside a tiny part of the bolter. On the inside of the forward grip for example? In fact, look the bolter, the front part is a little different to other bolters of that pattern, which could explain where the hidden ammo is.

·
Registered
502 Posts
All combis are one shot on the non-bolter side.

Which means I am never sure when to fire my Sternguard's combi-melta..

I might get the "charecter pack" too at some point.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
IF and Ultras get all the attention. IFs, BT, and CFs have their goodies. Salmanders have the best SC. Khan for WS. Shrike for RG. Ultras have a whole damn Codex with, what, 6 SCs?! DAs, BAs, and SWs have their own Dex. So that leaves..... IHs. Which there is nothing for...... at least the Forge Master is a fluffy option. I guess when Manus died all SC/Rules potential died with him. At least you get some conversion bits.
Hi we're the chaos legions. We have no books at all. We thank you for mentioning us in a rant about forgotten chapters.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Hi we're the chaos legions. We have no books at all. We thank you for mentioning us in a rant about forgotten chapters.
i collect world eaters and 1k sons as well, so i feel the pain, because "codex: they are not smurfs or loyalists do they are shit" does not do them justice. i have lost hope at this point that we will get a legion book, all i want is a re-release of codex: CSM 3.5 ed. i am going to wallow and fantasize about characterful chaos space marines.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts