·
Registered
393 Posts
Huzzah.........
That settles it, must start project log for my raptors......:biggrin:

·
Registered
164 Posts
If "insert name here" is part of an army then he will always be the army’s Warlord, regardless of the Leadership value of other HQ choices

maybe a cock up but if all the hq's are in the secondary detachment they are still the warlord ?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
'Whilst these rules should be considered official, in the name of good sportsmanship you should inform your opponent when using these Chapter Tactics as they may not be familiar with them.'

Well there's interesting new wording.

In other news, Mnemonic Redaction Protocols are what I'll be taking every damn game, because they're really good. You get Divination from your Grey Knight Battle Brothers, enhanced Deny the Witch, and on turn three you declare that three units (which is really kind of a lot, since it's actually four when you account for any Quad-Gun you may have) get Tank Hunters or Skyfire or some other really good rule.

Midnight

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm so doing an ordeo hereticus force using the frateris militia, sisters of battle and red hunters. Will have to figure out how it could work though, that would be one main army and two allies as it is and that's not even including an inquisitor which is in another book, so thats 3!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does "By this Seal" trait work for sisters of battle and red hunters considering neither can have inquisitors right?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
A very interesting list of Chapter Tactics. It almost makes me want to field my Blood Angels as a C:SM force. But I must be patient.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Carcharadons Chapter Tactics are all I've wanted out of Codex: Space Marines for a while. Or at least, close enough. I can take or leave the rage thing... but the ability to buy Tactical Marines an extra close combat weapon is such a big thing to me that if that were literally all the Chapter Tactics gave, I'd use it in a heartbeat.

While we locally don't use Forge World rules in tournaments, as the TO, I don't get to play in the tournaments anyway. During pickup games, escalation leagues, and the like, though... Forge World rules are good to go, and I may switch from Ultramarines to Carcharadon Chapter Tactics for my Lions Rampant (who favor decisive close-range firefights and close combats, but are, genetically speaking, Ultramarines).

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
the ability to buy Tactical Marines an extra close combat weapon is such a big thing to me that if that were literally all the Chapter Tactics gave, I'd use it in a heartbeat
Ever thought of playing Carcharadons out of the BA codex? Not to ignore this:

my Lions Rampant (who favor decisive close-range firefights and close combats, but are, genetically speaking, Ultramarines)
just a thought.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Ever thought of playing Carcharadons out of the BA codex? Not to ignore this:
just a thought.
Not really. The Carcharadons themselves don't really interest me. I played my Lions Rampant out of Codex: Blood Angels for a chunk of 5th edtion, not because I wanted to field more assault squads than normal, but because I wanted to be able to bring a pair of assault squads and still have three independent land speeders.

The thing is, I really want an army that plays like Codex: Space Marines-- tactically flexible, adaptable, and with a lot of options. And with that tactical flexibility in mind, I want to be able to give my Tactical Squads a close combat weapon. Not trade in the bolter, mind you-- have a bolter, a bolt pistol, and a close combat weapon. Like Chaos Space Marines, Grey Hunters, and now Carcharadons. Having that extra close combat weapon drastically increases the tactical flexibility of a Tactical Squad. For my own Chapter, the thought process behind that is that they're zealots, but they honor the Codex Astartes-- they're tactically flexible and can perform equally well in any situation, but have a preference for close actions. That extra close combat weapon really reflects that well, too, I think.

Playing them out of Codex: Blood Angels would be fine if I were after just having assault squads as Troops choices. But, I don't want to give up the boltgun for the chainsword.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How does "By this Seal" trait work for sisters of battle and red hunters considering neither can have inquisitors right?
I've been wondering about that one as well. Unless there's an option to add an Inquisitor to a Red Hunters force that I'm not aware of, it seems that the rule simply doesn't work at the moment. The fact that it refers to 'Sisters of Battle' and not 'Adepta Sororitas' suggests the writer hasn't been keeping up with their Codexes and doesn't know they don't get Inquisitors any more.

·
Registered
298 Posts
They couldn't come up with sheets for all their characters, why not Shadow Captain Korvadae? I hate to be the one, but that's one I really like using.

Lein

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think sisters should of got an inquisitor entry anyway. Grey Knights have a Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, Death Watch an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and Sisters an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice to see that Minotaurs still can get the Preferred Enemies: Space Marines rule through Moloc, I was a little concerned when I saw they didn't have it in their Chapter Tactics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts