Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first order of the new various styles of armour, im pretty certain that they have been designed in part by CAD and rapid prototyped, they are very very accurate, plus on the vents the old scratched sprue numbers have been replaced by a obviously machined number which stands proud of the surface(see a GW sprue part number for what im talking about).

I dont have a problem with it, i think its great but i have to ask if they have gone to the trouble of CAD design why not take a punt and do them in plastic?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
488 Posts
As far as I know, it's easier to deal with resin. You need heat, which means you cause less damage to your mold, which means your molds don't need to be super though, which means you can make more detailed molds...
That's why resin has more details than plastic, and why plastic has more details than metal.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
They are indeed very nicely detailed and will look sweet in my Deathwatch list, spread amongst the various units.

As to why they're not in plastic I know plastic moulds are expensive...how dear resin moulds are I've no idea, but maybe that's a reason.

If they were in plastic at least there wouldn't be miscasts. Out of the 12 sets I've seen of the Bolter packs, so far 8 were perfect and 4 were not..Ammo clips only half there been the main problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts