Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello heretics! I came here a long time ago when my friend told me about flames of war, because we both love ww2 stuff. he already has the rulebook and a platoon of germans. we were going to start up then but i had no money, so he had to wait for me because he didnt want to buy any more unless i was for sure actually going to go into it with him.
Now i have money. he got the fortress europe book which has his units, and i had already decided i wanted to be Americans, so now i have to decide what i want to field. my friend said we'll start out easier if we make an army list, so we dont just buy random stuff that we cant use together. we agreed on 600 pts. At first i was definate about an armoured rifle company. lots of cool bazookas, halftracks and weaponry. we were even lucky it happened to be in the same book as his chosen army, but after looking at what i need, its alot more than i can pay, so now i'm looking at my second favourite choice, a parachute rifle company. the armoured was pretty hard to fit into a 600 point list, and with bare minimum stuff i would need still an hq, 2 platoons, 8 halftracks. thats also leaving 4 rifle teams out of the game if i want to fit in any support, which i had chosen in the form of 3 m4a1 shermans. also pretty costly (in points and money). so ya im poor, sorry if i put abunch of unneeded info into this. i cant make a list since i dont have a book but this is my buyingh plan for para rifles. it already shows way less cost for me when i looked at the box sets, just one armoured Platoon was $80, while a Full Company of parachute rifles is only $65. ofcourse, they dont have halftracks and as many bazookas, but they do get more people and mg teams. they look really cool and fun.

my plan is this:
2 parachute rifle platoons= $50
use a standard rifle hq= $15
and 1 para MG platoon as support. $20 i'll get tanks later.
they have a lot of firepower and still a good amount of bazookas.
i guess i made this pot to get tips on the army, and to ask this: after looking through the books for sale, is "D minus 1" the book that has the U.S. parachute rifle stats? i read the info of all of them and it looks like thats the one. i just want to be sure so i dont buy a book that's useless to me. lol thanks for reading. please help my cheapness find a way to let me beat nazis. :)

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I won't be much help to you in ways of giving you tips with your army etc but it is the D Minus 1 sourcebook that you'll want for the stats for your US Parachuting Rifle platoons (aswell as most other ally paratroops you might use).

What you're planning on buying sounds like a good start but I would definitely recommend some armoured vehicles (though I know you've said you're going to get them eventually anyway).

Once you've expanded you're army some more you should have a decent sized army for gaming with.

Not sure if this has helped you at all but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks alot for your help. i'll definately be starting soon. if i dont buy the mg platoon right away i could instead buy a tank in it's place. i'll have to get the book to know what they're allowed to bring. for helping on this and my lotr battle i must give you rep lol.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
No problem mate, happy to help. And thanks for the rep also.

Let us know how it goes and good luck getting into the game :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts