Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently got the new army book. What major differences do you think the book has made to playing empire. Are there any must haves, or killer tactics that are brought by the new book, or anything that has now gone from the old?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Supposedly the 'new' build is to have a few Flagellant units with Arch Lector leading, add in a Steam Tank, etc.
Filthy, boring and unrepresentative of a 'normal' Empire army.

I'd say for the regular block of infantry army backed up by a few war machines, Knights and fast cavalry.
All that has changed is that everything is cheaper- infantry are cheaper, magic items are cheaper.
So you have the same army and tactics but with +100 or so points to spend on an additional unit.

I have chosen Outriders as that 'additional' unit. They are a shiny new (or very old) unit, very cool but with serious drawbacks- so a fun challenge, and why not- they are essentially 'free' compared to an old Empire army.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The new books enables a larger empire army which is always good and I have also chosen outriders as the point filler repeater handguns and Bs4 who could refuse!?! I don't like the fact they changed the elector count to General of the empire elector count is so much better and sounds better too well IMO. Greatswords are no-longer 0-1 which is awesome and means you can have a unit of elite troops to distract the enemy. The magic items becoming cheaper isn't fantastic you can still only get about 2 magic items on a hero. The introduction of dragons is a bit obvious but still good because dragons are powerful but I'm sticking with Griffins because they look intellegent and have the :mrgreen: factor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts