Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I recently bought a revenant on a whim. It’s a really cool model and now I want to get an elder army to play with it. This was the list I wrote up quickly. Let me know what you think.

HQ:
Autarch

Troop:
Dire Avengers - Wave Serpent w/ Holo-fields, Scatter laser, shuriken catapults
Dire Avengers - Wave Serpent w/ Holo-fields, Scatter laser, shuriken catapults

Heavy Support:
Wraithknight - 2 heavy wraithcannons
Wraithknight - 2 heavy wraithcannons

Lords of War:
Revenant - Sonic Lances

1850pts

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
shameful cheese, that's what i think :biggrin:
you, good sir, are going to lay low entire gaming clubs, with such an army.
If i may give a suggestion, always inform your opponent of your list the day before the game.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha I wish! I have some really good friends. One of my main opponents just finished top 15 at TempleCon. But yeah a "Surprise Revenant" is not a nice thing to pull on anyone.

But seriously, would you be willing to play this list (with proper preparation)? Would you be annoyed to have this dropped on you at a tournament?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
With proper preparation, yes, i'd be good.
In a tourney, i dunno, i've always shunned tourney events due to extra cheesy lists spam.
You know what? I'd probably be happier to face this list in a tourney than in a friendly game!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool.

i've always shunned tourney events due to extra cheesy lists spam.
That's a shame tournaments can be a lot of fun. Yeah some of the lists can be cheesy but if you go in knowing that and build a competitive list yourself you can potentially have 3+ really fun close games in a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts