Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
He has hair, so I'd guess so! Nice find. :)

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I remember seeing this cover art on these forums a while ago for the French copy of Xenos, hence why he still has hair. Fischig looks suitably hardcore. Malleus has Ravenor and Hereticus, Bequin. All three covers are awesome and some of the best covers to date. I'd really like to see them release the novels in a hardback format with these cover arts, as I was half tempted to buy them in French just to have them! Here's all three.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats Fischig? Never would have thought. He looks perhaps too badass based on how he's been described. Looks like Judge Dredd.

And wow E. looks different in each cover, the last one was pretty surprising for me. I like Bequin's subtle beauty. It isn't overwhelming like I imagined.

And Ravenor looks completely different than how I pictured him. He looks Elvish which is pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I always pictured Ravenor pre-box as very similar to Inquisitor Covenant from the Inquisitor game. I agree with the Bequin art - it's very understated and consequently very realistic.

All three covers are excellent!

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Thats Fischig? Never would have thought. He looks perhaps too badass based on how he's been described. Looks like Judge Dredd.

And wow E. looks different in each cover, the last one was pretty surprising for me. I like Bequin's subtle beauty. It isn't overwhelming like I imagined.

And Ravenor looks completely different than how I pictured him. He looks Elvish which is pretty cool.
I've always thought Fischig was pretty bad ass really, I love that picture of him there, looks suitably intimidating and would be a hell of an agent to have alongside you from his looks alone. I agree completely about Bequin, as they could have made her overly classicly good looking and beautiful, but as you said, her beauty is more subtle there and it makes it work that much more. As for Eisenhorn, I think he looks mostly the same in the first two, but you can still tell it's that same Eisenhorn from the first two in the third, only ravaged of course.

As for Ravenor, even before I read the novels I remember seeing this image which is very similar to how he looks in that cover, so it's how I've always imagined him really.

Just want to see official pictures of Aemos, Nayl, Kara, and the rest of Ravenors warband in this kind of quality.

·
Registered
929 Posts
EBook is from the audio drama Thorn and Talon which features a few Eisenhorn audio drama shorts. Its by far my fav BL audio drama CD release yet. You guys should check it out.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I knew I'd seen that image somewhere before, cheers for pointing it out AOB. Love all three of those covers, they certainly give a much more ah shall we say "literary" impression of BL, which in the case of Eisenhorn and Ravenor is very well deserved. Those books are to date the highest quality writing that has come out of BL imho.

Like AOB my image of Ravenor has always come from that image (it was from the BL source book on the Inquisition which was basically just a run down on Eisenhorn and Ravenor, I've still got it somewhere). After he gets put in the box I've always seen him in my head like Aerion the Faithful draws him over on dA.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I think Ravenor is a fairly substantial improvement over Eisenhorn, who I felt was very "James Bond-ish" at times (particularly when he's on the grav train with his ladyfriend) and therefore felt slightly contrived.

Of course Dan Abnett is the only BL author I feel is actually worth a damn - the rest have their moments, McNeill probably comes second, but none of them are writing anywhere near Abnett's level.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I stopped reading the Eisenhorn series around the time of the titan and Bequin thing, was never sure whether to continue with Ravenor etc Wondering if I should try get a refreshed of where I got up to and then continue, are they any good?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yes they are. Read the rest of Hereticus, then read the Ravenor trilogy and finally move on to Pariah, book one of the Bequin trilogy.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I think I finished Hereticus..
That happened very, very early in the book.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Eisenhorn and Ravenor are still my favorite things from the Black Library. So yeah, read them. heh

I read Ravenor first, because I was very new to the whole mythos (had only read the Blood Angels Omnibus at that point), and hadn't heard of Eisenhorn yet. So I always picture Ravenor as he is in those books. I'm always stunned when I see how he looked before the accident.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Spoilers for the Ravenor series...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think Ravenor is a fairly substantial improvement over Eisenhorn, who I felt was very "James Bond-ish" at times (particularly when he's on the grav train with his ladyfriend) and therefore felt slightly contrived.
Yes i felt its little james bond myself too, but i absolutely loved the train scene.

I stopped reading the Eisenhorn series around the time of the titan and Bequin thing, was never sure whether to continue with Ravenor etc Wondering if I should try get a refreshed of where I got up to and then continue, are they any good?
Best trilogy from BL imo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts