Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been playing 40K for awhile and have always wanted to divulge into WHFB. I was wondering, with the changes to the rules and everything how WHFB is now? I was under the impression that fantasy players were dwindling away from the game recently (at least in this area) so I was wondering if 8th edition improved.

So here are the armies I'm interested in, any information would be awesome. I'm not looking for the most overpowered faceroll instant victory team, but if any of these "suck" just let me know.

Lizardmen
Vampires
Beastmen
Skaven
Orcs & Goblins

·
Registered
278 Posts
I haven't actually played 8th yet, but from 7th and what I've heard of 8th:

Lizardmen seem like they'll stay about where they are on the tier. Their magic will most likely be a smaller part of their tactics, and some of their cheesier elements are less viable now(Stegadon spam is now impossible). Skinks seem to be very hit or miss right now, so expect to see/use lots of Saurus spam lists. I don't think they'll be affected too much by the new rules.

The rest, I have no clue. Though, I've heard that Vampires are nerfed some(I could be hearing wrong).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Skaven and Orcs & Goblins are both going to become a lot better. They both have access to tons of infantry which will be great in the new game.

Vampires might not be as good in the new edition. Lizardmen might become slightly better, now their skinks can march and fire their blow pipes :grin:

As for Beastmen, they were the latest book so one can assume that they must have been made for 8th ed. At first glace people might not think of them as a good army but when you look closely things change. Minotours are now going to be very good in the new edition

Skar

·
Registered
442 Posts
vamps are ok but not as many points spent on the hero level vamps 1 or 2 with master of the black arts for 2/4 extra power dice then lord spamming what ever lore he chooses before the game though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts