Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/plague-harvest-enovella.html

Just had this one popping in the inbox. According to the brief, its the first novella in a trillogy that is exclusive to Black Library.

On the quiet agri-world of Orath, an ancient evil awakens. As the people of the planet sicken and the crops fail, Librarian Vabion of the Ultramarines, castellan of Fort Kerberos and guardian of Orath’s secrets, must work with his uneasy allies from the Doom Eagles Chapter to discover the source of the contagion and end it. But when the plague’s victims start to rise again and the architects of Orath’s fate are revealed, Vabion must stand alone against the darkness.

Its written by one Cavan Scott, not a name im familiar with. Have they written any other Warhammer books?

Think im going to hold off on this one till the whole ebook trillogy is out.
Judging from the last one: Stormseer, Shadow Captain and Forge Master, it wont take long to complete.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Someone buy and download it for the greater good and let us know if it's any good.
I did. I don't think it's all that good. But I'm not a good judge. I'm a psyker fanboy, and got it because the blurb says a Librarian figures prominently. And I guess he does. But there was no cool psyker stuff. The other aspects of the story are good enough, I guess. Nurgle's guys (I don't imagine that's a spoiler I need to worry about) are really nasty and gross. The overall scheme isn't particularly inventive. It's just a quick, easy read. I doubt I'll bother with the next installment.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well.... I might give it a try for the sake of Doom Eagles, the chapter I really know nothing about, and I'm not really interested in Ultramarines.

Is this under space marine battles category or ?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'll wait until the hardback collected version is available, like Overfiend. Plagues of Orath will likely come out some time this year.

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finished it. Thought it an Ok series, but nothing truly remarkable. Gives a good view of how a daemonic invasion unfolds, but thats it.

Overfiend was a far better miniseries with more memorable characters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts