Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a lot of debate, I decided to quit my small black legion army and switch over to a complete death guard army, and after buying all the models/paints/supplies I have completed my first 5 plague marines! Each model took around ~20 minutes, give or take some, and the arms of the melta guys that will be in my squads were made with green stuff, and they look similar to the one in this group of 5. I suck with taking pictures so I couldn't get a decent one of them all together :(

·
Registered
548 Posts
those are some nice looking plague marine, sir! speedy and effective painting.

i know the bases are probably not finished, but i have to say, i quite like the paint splashes on the bases - it looks to me like they are dripping pus and pestilence onto the ground at their feet...very "nurgly"! :grin:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Excellent, very fast paint time though... can you outline how did you painted them?

+rep

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Really nice matt colour scheme for these marines. I normally like to see if there is anything that you can look at improving (its what I do to myself when I paint), and other than the bolt pistol barrel needing to be drilled out, its all looks great. Have some +rep

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks guys :D Yea, I do plan on basing them right now, although I do not know exactly what color base I will go with, but I will add the usual sand/static grass combo.

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
So after a lot of debate, I decided to quit my small black legion army and switch over to a complete death guard army....
A sound decision, and Old Icky has obviously blessed you for it.

...Each model took around ~20 minutes, give or take some....
I struggle to put on a single colour in much under 20 minutes; do you have a cunning technique to share for painting that fast?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent, very fast paint time though... can you outline how did you painted them?

+rep
I struggle to put on a single colour in much under 20 minutes; do you have a cunning technique to share for painting that fast?
I basically followed this guys guide on warseer, minus a few slight changes (like using tallarn flesh instead of tanned flesh, painting the entire backpack boltgun metal as I feel this looks nicer, and painting various small spots red or whatever I feel looks neat)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3221179

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
They do look good. fine work. I have a batch of plague marines i have been putting off painting. Might dig them out next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts