Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the GW confimation of DE floating about the net, I was wondering what people actually want from DE.

Ok so better minis is a given , warriors in particular spring to mind, but what else? Play style changes, other minis?

Are there any minis from the old range that you still like and want to see continued?

·
4,491 Posts
I was actually considering collecting DE if they stuck with the current codex, but i probably wont bother now because i can see they are going to ruin it.

If gunline infantry Dark Lance spam is viable, ill consider collecting them.
If they are looking like they are going to rely more on combat/vehicles/unique tricks/etc, then i probably wont bother.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I feel that you are likley to be disapointed cheese. What you are not looking for is how the current codex was meant to be. Subsequent editions have reduced it to dark lance spam. I think it will go back to an in your face ferral beast with quirks and no staying power. Capable of producing imense hurt but no ability to withstand hits of its own. The ultimate glass cannon, as allways intended.
And that would be goooood.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I would selfishly really like to see some harlequins in there, but from a less selfish perspective I agree with what has been said so far - powerful hard hitting but easily killed units would give a good flavour.

I don't know if fluff holds up for it, but maybe the DE equivalent to wraith constructs, so soul bound constructions created to keep the DE souls away from Slaanesh.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
To keep WS and BS of 4 and the cheap warrior point cost with the added in fact that being a CC army with have something similar to the CSM in that we can have our splinter rifel and then have a splinter pistol and CC weapon too.

Other than this being a CC army get rid of rapid fire weapons for assault ones and to compensate shorten range eg splinter rifle (in 3rd it worked) now it no longer does with the rapid fire rules

Webway Portal Cheaper for what it does or meaner and easier to deploy for it's cost either that or allowing fast units bar raider squads to take it again (damn FAQ)

Lastly Viable Scourge and Mandrakes,

Bar these 5 or so things anything can only improve it really

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I want them to be Dark Eldar, and not Chaos Eldar.

I want the Codex to be updated to 5th like Space Marines and IG, not a new codex along the lines of Space Wolves, Blood Angels, etc

I want all units to be potentially viable, unlike Penal Legionnaires, Rough Riders or Wolves.

I want to see a removal from Special Character buff reliance or massed USR Bubbles.

I want a nice codex for once.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
4,491 Posts
I agree.
I hate the SC-buff and USR-bubbles.
I liked the 3rd/4th ed codices where units didnt have to rely on other units/rules/bubbles to help them.
(Although admittedly i do spam KFF bubbles)

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Wait, wasn't the GW "news" just for DE SCENERY not the updating of the codex or models? Everyone is on the DE bandwagon now, but I just hope that not too many of you are utterly disappointed when they finally do release the stuff and it isn't what you thought it was. It is only pieces of scenery... for now.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
its dark eldar and the new terrain from the the competition

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I agree.
I hate the SC-buff and USR-bubbles.
I liked the 3rd/4th ed codices where units didnt have to rely on other units/rules/bubbles to help them.
(Although admittedly i do spam KFF bubbles)
Well, not to the extent that I want a unit to be entirely self reliant (i.e Terminators), but to the extent that it's no longer stupidity if I don't take Gay'Stan or Eldretard.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts