Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets make sure that in this thread we stick to the rules/codex or new models.

Don't mind a little fluff talk just don't make it the only thing in your post. You can also talk about things your expecting/hoping to come out.

If your still bored talk about a possible army list, a model you would recommend to be in the codex (plz include points and don't make overpowered, in other words be realistic) and ect.

going to respond to posts when I can and be active.

new dark eldar teaser video link:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...ryId=&section=&pIndex=1&aId=10500182a&start=2

CHEERS:drinks::drinks::drinks:

:training:me getting ready for new DK

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I really don't like the new Raider model it looks wierd with a random sail on it.

Also before anyone says it I'm going to put my opinion about it out there

For those who are saying "Sure there will be bandwagoners but they'll join the DE army play it for awhile then find out it's too hard and quite" I must say this

I have been playing SW since before they're update and they were a really difficult army to win with I constantly had thoughts of switching too...vanilla marines which is scary. Does that first bit sound a lot like DE now? yes it does. What happened to the SW after the update? they became easy and noobs in abundence joined (I hate being thought of as "That guy who picks the op'ed armies" because I play nids and SW) so in following

if A=B and UpdateA=Easy then I am going to think that UpdateB=Easy as well...basically I'm saying yeah they're hard to play now...but I'm willing to bet that they are going to be easier after the update so the noobs can have a new race

Food for Thought mates

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
I really don't like the new Raider model it looks wierd with a random sail on it.

Also before anyone says it I'm going to put my opinion about it out there

For those who are saying "Sure there will be bandwagoners but they'll join the DE army play it for awhile then find out it's too hard and quite" I must say this

I have been playing SW since before they're update and they were a really difficult army to win with I constantly had thoughts of switching too...vanilla marines which is scary. Does that first bit sound a lot like DE now? yes it does. What happened to the SW after the update? they became easy and noobs in abundence joined (I hate being thought of as "That guy who picks the op'ed armies" because I play nids and SW) so in following

if A=B and UpdateA=Easy then I am going to think that UpdateB=Easy as well...basically I'm saying yeah they're hard to play now...but I'm willing to bet that they are going to be easier after the update so the noobs can have a new race

Food for Thought mates

Food for thought true. But it doesnt make it any less lame. 40k codex creep is just a major pain the ass.

but on topic- I think all the new models look pretty good, I might get some just from a collecters standpoint, but I have no interest in a bunch of BDSM loving emos.

Why are you asking about rules? Have any even been released? Otherwise Im just going to throw in- The ravager gets 8 Dark lances. And Drazhar instant kills on a 2+ :laugh::biggrin:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'm personally not sure about the new sail barge models. But since my current crop of Ravagers are half Wave Serpent, half Raider, I may continue the trend with the Sail Barges, since the new figs are far more interesting.

I'm very intrigued that the Melta-Lance seems to be in the army. I can hear the screams of anguish from Land Raiders now! And the rumored 5+ Invul armor upgrade for Raiders! Schweeet!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Food for thought true. But it doesnt make it any less lame. 40k codex creep is just a major pain the ass.

but on topic- I think all the new models look pretty good, I might get some just from a collecters standpoint, but I have no interest in a bunch of BDSM loving emos.

Why are you asking about rules? Have any even been released? Otherwise Im just going to throw in- The ravager gets 8 Dark lances. And Drazhar instant kills on a 2+ :laugh::biggrin:
why does EVERYONE call half the armies in 40k emo? the Dark Eldar are far more akin to Goth then Emo, They are into BDSM and pain, they dont feel sorry forthemselves to the point of being emo, rather they have an insatible hatred that shows in how ruthless they can be.

what Constitutes emo? In my opinion it is a lack of style and a self hatred leading to hurting onesself in order to become popular in a group of like minded morons.

Dark Eldar are far Darker then Emo, they dont have self hate, in fact as far as I can see. its quite the opposite in that they love what they do to the point of obsession, and what they do is Torture maim rape and kill.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Before KA derails this into a social commentary thread, I was merely making a comment, you didnt have take it so seriously, meanwhile not contributing anything.

OT- Does anyone actually have any known rules/abilities for the upcoming DE?

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
Unless Someone got their hands on a Codex then I am going to say no. Some stats may have been leaked here and there but I believe there is a thread dedicated to that stuff. From what I have seen the models look nice. I too may pick up a few and convert them into nurgle possessed. as Elite Spawn like I have done with Eldar Banshees, and Space Wolf Long Fangs just for kicks.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
don't glue it on then..........*room falls silent with stunned amazement*

I'm glad they got rid of all the stupid OTT spikes from everything, and that everyone doesn't look like some anorexic goth teen, they look serious now, they look like bad guys...and girls....and hermaphrodites....and whatever else they might be.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
For one thing, there is no codex creep, it simply doesnt exist. Also, If you say something someone could call "silly," you can be called out on it... and on that point; I agree with KA.

Back to the topic at hand; you might have to wait till the codex comes out for any rules for DE.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
well Gen, the other post has some rules, and the warseer folks have the new statlines posted.

I am truly hoping that the new Deldar still play as a more finesse army that hits hard and fast, but has versitility. I think the whole Versitility of the craftworld Eldar is one of my attractions to Eldar, but their designs are not my cup of tea. Dark Eldar, on the other hand, have a style that suits my tastes perfectly.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts

I'm glad they got rid of all the stupid OTT spikes from everything, and that everyone doesn't look like some anorexic goth teen, they look serious now, they look like bad guys...and girls....and hermaphrodites....and whatever else they might be.
Finally another person who has common sense, I'm not a big fan of the sail but have decided if I really don't want it I just won't be gluing it on!

·
Registered
458 Posts
But then what would you do with it? Youd have this extra sail just sitting there mocking you with its ugliness.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
All this Sail hate is pathetic. the sails fit perfectly for a pirate theme, I dont see why everyone is hating on them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dunno I think the sail is fine, btw srry for the name I understand now I won't be getting any more rule talk until the codex :( oh well anyway you can post anything you want about dark eldar now.

The think that I think makes DE better than eldar is well because... with eldar most of the stratagy comes in choosing your guys, not what you do with them on the table. Don't have a problem with pre planning, just pre gaming XD.

DE on the other hand strike fast and strike hard and always make for a very fun experiance feuturing highly original tactics.

maybe not the best army but sure as $%^& a lot funner to be playing with or aignst than any other army that takes not stratagy and just moves forward oh so boringly (looks at space marines...

·
Registered
924 Posts
All this Sail hate is pathetic. the sails fit perfectly for a pirate theme, I dont see why everyone is hating on them.
Sure, it fits a pirate theme... for the 1700's.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Have you seen Eldar Spacecraft? Sails

But there's no need to worry. If you don't want your sails, send 'em to me. I got old raider conversions gonna need sails!

Enjoy the new models. Do what you want with them. Have fun. That's the point.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts