Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
god these things look great! I have wanted DE to be my second army for a long time but was worried they'd never be re-released. Even if the rules suck i think i might buy some just to paint. I've certainly painted my share of black templars one after the other.

the kabalite warrior squad seems to have as many pieces as a SM tac squad and currently costs ten dollars less, so thats a sweet deal.

Which new models do you think look the best?

The Incubi have to be my favorite. though they are metal...hopefully they aren't a real pain to put together.

based on some of the clipped IC descriptions, looks like some of their characters might be over powered a bit but the site doesnt list the negative aspects of any units of course.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Which I think looks best, huh?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
cheeky alternate head, very cool !
looks like novembers gonna be a busy month!
it will be busy for me, painting wise. Might be even busier work wise if I get alot of work. every holiday is almost guarinteed work for me

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I do kind of wish they'd show them painted in a few different color variations. I cant get a good picture in my head as to what else might look really good. I wouldnt want all these new dark eldar armies to be painted the same way haha. like a primary color other than black would be nice to see...as good as black does look.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
that does not look anything like Saruon

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

You have to admit that the helmets look similar

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah that guy looks so badass. As for the sauron similarity, GW has been known to draw from other sources before when designing their races.

A whole new aspect to the hobby again. I feel like this is basically a whole 'nother army to talk about. unfortunately I have a feeling it will divide more chaos players than marine players. granted I love marines and praise the emperor and all that but there is a more sadistic side I'd like to satisfy too.

Seems like a lot of people who like chaos just like to play 'bad-guys' and will be more likely to collect dark eldar. plus, they are still probably going to be pretty tough to play well. Marines will probably always be collected by the large majority of players i guess.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
nothing of the sort!. the helmet is completely different. Saurons helmet is a crown of Horns along with the design of the face is more skeletal.

The DEldar model is far more designed as a frontal crest on a cone head helmet.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
It does have a similar feel to it though. But yea, other than being black and a new borns' parents worst nightmare, they are very different.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Could have called them dildodar.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Im too lazy to say Dark Eldar, not Lazy enough to say DE. I play fantasy too though, thats why I dont just directly say DE, since DE can be Dark Elves too

1 - 20 of 38 Posts