Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Have enemy tanks crossed your radar yet? Once they do, i think you'll find that you need a new list (or codex, more accurately). I don't blame you; it's the book. At 1,750 you'll be going up against 1 or 2 crusaders or more chimeras/vendettas than the vomit threshold. For a fun army, fine, for a competitive army.... different codex.

· Registered
401 Posts
writing it off as uncompetitive before a single major tournament has been played with the new rules is a tad premature, don't you think?
No, to be honest, I don't think so. It's pretty easy to see how this book will do in the competitive circuit. Please send me your list, though. I'll show you how unbelievably dreadful the standard of play is for this book, even when your build is 'tooled' (using this term very, very subjectively, of course). Any half-decent player can see the potential of a codex without requiring a 'major tournament'. Reading works just fine. Please, though, in all seriousness, let's see the list.

· Registered
401 Posts
Cool.
I'll have to check your lists to see just how powerful they are then.:grin:
well, PM me for a vassal game for 2k whenever you're ready

here's my list, send any dark eldar army anybody can make and watch it crumble horribly :) (had to tie this somewhat off topic post into dark eldar-like discussion somehow...)

CCS, 4 Melta, OoTF, Chimera, Hull HF 175
PBS , 4 Extra, Chimera, Hull HF 155
10 Vets, 3 Plasma, Chimera, Hull HF 170
PCS, 4 Flamers, Chimera, Hull HF 105
Infantry Squad, Autocannon, Flamer, Chimera, Hull HF 115
Infantry Squad, Autocannon, Chimera, Hull HF 110
Autocannon HWT 75
Autocannon HWT 75
2 Vendettas, HBs 280
2 Vendettas, HBs 280
Vendetta, HBs 140
Manticore 160
Manticore 160

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.