Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you've all probably heard it before, but I got my first glimpse at a finalised version of the new Dark Eldar codex today and it's outstanding.

Not only are there lots of great models, but a tonne of brillaint new units as well such as the Venom transports, along with a host of new characters.

No Kruellagh though:shok:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wait were did you get it?...i want one...

·
Registered
924 Posts
No Kruellagh?
What the hell?
I have learned that there won't be any Solitaires as well... that idea bugs me.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I've seen the new codex, and it has inspired me. I have redesigned my Eldar along the new lines, and plan to try and use the demo copy to play tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Not on the interwebz they haven't. :(
actually there was a site that had pages of the codex up as a sneak peak for a few days it has leaked and most likely those people who wanted the points of them zoomed in a saved them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm glad to hear so many positive outpourings for this codex. Then again, I'm not surprised, it is written by the master of the heavens - Phill 'The EverChosen' Kelly.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I'm glad to hear so many positive outpourings for this codex. Then again, I'm not surprised, it is written by the master of the heavens - Phill 'The EverChosen' Kelly.
im happy they let phil do it instead of the other PoS writers they had.

though Dan abnett might do a good job at writing a codex too. atleast fluff wise.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any minis in the book we havent seen yet?
Well I saw the new Helions which are more substantial than the old models, with a nice forward sweep. I also saw the new Mandrakes, which are simply awesome, very reminiscent of some of the Dark Elf models.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I know most people seem primarily interested in rules/models, but has anyone managed a peak into the fluff changes/additions?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Got a look today.

The artwork is pretty much second to none - I think the drawing for the Scourge is second to none - although I didn't get to see the model for it (if there was one - there were about 20 kids in there and I didn't want to get caught hitting one as they tried to steal it), it seemed quite good, although I didn't get to see it's weapon. They're tough as well - a 4+/6++ Save.

And the Heat Lance is an awesome idea. I'm seriously considering actually collecting a Corsair type army. Instead of the wierd and wonderful, it's just pure Dark Eldar, so no Talos, Mandrakes, etc, just Raiders, Warriors, and Incubi.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
unfortunately there is no scourge model yet but having an assault 3 gun has pretty much made them replace my warriors as the standard troop killer - warriors are now just there to fill in troop choices and have 1 or 2 cheap units to capture objectives

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
unfortunately there is no scourge model yet but having an assault 3 gun has pretty much made them replace my warriors as the standard troop killer - warriors are now just there to fill in troop choices and have 1 or 2 cheap units to capture objectives
ultimately I would agree with Liger, but at the same time, since scourge ARE Fast attack, and they cant capture points, so Ill have to see what I can do before I decide where everything is, and what they all do.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts