Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been out of 40k for a little while, and was just browsin my codexs today, and decided to make a small dark angels force (to start!) I dont play competetivly, so this is just for a pickup game at my FLGS. Any help is very much appreciated :eek:k::biggrin:

DARK ANGELS 1200pts.

HQ:

Company Master
Power Weapon
Meltabombs
Combi-melta
130pts.

Command squad
2 plasma guns
2 power weapons
Company Champion
Razorback (with TL heavy bolters)
240pts.

ELITES:

Deathwing Terminator Squad
Assault Cannon
Cyclone Missile launcher
265pts.

TROOPS:

Tactical squad
Extra Marines
Power fist
Melta Gun
Missile launcher
Rhino
255pts.

Tactical Squad
Extra Marines
Power Fist
Melta Gun
Missile Launcher
Rhino
255pts.

TOTAL: 1145pts.

So I squad the Tacs, the Meltas go up in the Rhinos with the Pfists, while the missiles stay back and provide cover, the Command squad and master go forward in the razorback. Thoughts? How to spend those last 50pts?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, I just want to say first of all that Dark angles have some of the best fluff in the game!!

...but if you are not looking at running death wing i would use the Space marine codex. By all means field Dark angle models. Using the Dark angel vets as sergents for each of your tac squads would look great, but for a list like this i would just use the SM dex, you save some points on the tac squad, and lose none of the options, if anything you get a few more.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already thought about that, and it seems like a terrible idea, but I just really want to use Codex Dark angels :p Stupid I know, since I am basically running SM. But any thoughts about the list as is? I will look into playing them as Vanilla Marines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the points consider taking Belial instead of a company master, he makes your terminators a troops choice letting you work the tac squads differently or dropping one of them for something like a dreadnaught.
You can also take a DW standard with belial, it ups your termis attack plus 1

Overhaul the command squad; drop the power weapons, take an apothecary, drop the company champion change the razorback for a rhino, the 2 marines plasma fire out the top is far more useful its AP2 and rapid fire.
Keep the command squad inside the rhino, the apoth can save terminators or any friendly outside the rhino if its within 6 inches (and the plasma gets hot if it happen and you fail the save). This command squad config shines as support not combat, park it next to a squad in combat (the terminators) and watch your opponent get suprised at the apoth dashing out and making saves on troops in combat from the safety of the rhino.

Work a chainfist into the termi squad, IIRCC you can't have the assault cannon and the cyclone missile launcher in the same squad so keep the assault cannon. These are just some suggestions you might want to work towards. You should have lots of spare points to work with now and more choices than before which may not help but its good to have options .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its not stupid to want to play out of dex that you think Awesome, so go for it!!!

I wound consider dropping the termies for a couple of Auto/las preds...and the command squad i would definitely drop the champ for an Apothacary...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do the same; I still playing with DA codex because is our codex. And maybe you should change in the list the cyclon for the heavy flammer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts