Deathwing Strike Force

Interrogator-Chaplain - Terminator Armor, Crozius, Foe-Smiter

Deathwing Terminator Squad - 4+1, one w/ TH/SS/CML

·
Registered
434 Posts
The new book is out? I don't do preorder because they normally take longer to get to me than waiting for the release. And here I am just digging into the SM book. Stupid summer activities. Always interrupting my nerd time.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silly battlescribe lists and me being lazy..
@ntaw - Those are 3 man bike squads. 2 are running two Gravs, the other is running two Plasma. Each one also has an attack bike with MM. Each Terminator squad has a single StormShield/Thunderhammer/CML Terminator in it.
@christopher.dean - Nope, not out. This is Battlescribe built on the fact that the weak before every page seems to end up leaked.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I die a little inside when people copy and paste from Battlescribe.

I also really have no input of interest on this list unfortunately, solid list is solid. Maybe drop a unit of DW for DWK for much helmet smashing? Another idea I just had is to drop Foe Smiter and a DW squad for a DW command squad with apothecary, champion, and 3x TH/SS to accompany your I-C. 10 points left for a chainfist in each of the remaining DW squads maybe?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rewritten. Just for you. :)

I originally had considered a squad of DW knights, but considering the benefit of the DW drop was the run/shoot, I wasn't sure if I should go with a squad utterly un-ranged. A command squad might be nice. Granted, with the run action, they wouldn't be sitting ducks.

Must ponder that.

Also considered the sexiest Chaplain ever; Storm Shield and Mace of Absolution. Not sure if that's just Battlescribe being extra-sexy, or if that's legit.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Rewritten. Just for you.
Shucks, make a guy blush already.

Also considered the sexiest Chaplain ever; Storm Shield and Mace of Absolution. Not sure if that's just Battlescribe being extra-sexy, or if that's legit.
Hrm....I'm gunna go with nope on a rope.

If neither a power first or space marine bike is taken, an I-C may replace his BP, F/K nades with TDA. Once that

Oh wow. Transmission interrupt: the beer I am having (and just took the first ever sip of) is god damned glorious. Innis and Gunn toasted oak IPA...you have surprised me.

ahem..

Once that happens, you are left with a SB and a crozius and the options of taking wargear from the terminator, special issue, and relic wargear lists. Under terminator weapons, the only way a model gets a storm shield is by replacing its power weapon (not crozius arcanum). You can swap your SB for a combi weapon, LC (also useful for this model, AP4 is a whore), or TH (rule of cool: THs everywhere).

He could take a combat shield though....if that's any consolation.

Fuck this beer is good.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if I want him going around with a TH and a Crozius. Even for me that seems a little overkill. Might keep him at SB/Crozius, especially if that particular squad will be light on ranged firepower.

Or I can *Gasp* wait until I actually see a codex.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Not sure if I want him going around with a TH and a Crozius. Even for me that seems a little overkill.
Very much so, but think of the modeling and backstory opportunities!!

I would leave him plain after giving him TDA.

Or I can *Gasp* wait until I actually see a codex.
I've seen lots of Codices over the last few weeks, most of the changes seem pretty meh.

Since you like RW you'll probably like the formations in the book, I was kinda surprised to see you use the strike force.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always liked the idea of running Raven/Death together. It seemed like the thing to make the most sense. I've always been partial to two things: large, heavily armored warriors, and an old fashioned cavalry charge.

When I'm forced to pick between the two, I go Cavalry every time, which is why my Eldar are all bike-mounted. :)

I may look into a few pure Ravenwings. I really need to see the Support Squadron; I thought you could use the Vengeance, but it sounds like the Darkshroud is required.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The Support Squadron is 1 unit of 3 RW Speeders and either a Vengeance or a Darkshroud. Swanky overwatch buff similar to supporting fire for Tau and the unit has to form a Vehicle Squadron as per the BRB.

Damn. Plus you get Interceptor and Strafing Run. Good times for RW! I doubt anyone will be chirping about them being outdone by the WS any more.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ravenwing 2000 points:

Ravenwing Strike Force (Primary)

Sammael on Corvex

Black Knights - 3+1, 1 Grenade Launcher

Black Knights - 3+1, 1 Grenade Launcher

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (Formation)

RW Bike Squad - 2+1, 2 Grav Guns, Attack Bike w/ MM
Land Speeder Typhoon

Land Speeder Typhoon

Land Speeder Typhoon

RW Bike Squad - 2+1, 2 Plasma Guns, Melta Bombs, Attack Bike w/ Heavy Bolter
Land Speeder Vengeance

Ravenwing Silence Squadron (Formation)

Nephilim - Lascannons
Nephilim - Lascannons
Dark Talon

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Now you're talking.

Something I noticed was the extra HQ slot available in the RW detachment for a total of three...then I looked at the HQ/LoW section and found there's only one (at a time, anyway) option for a unit with the RW special rule.

Hilarious oversight with an upcoming FAQ in line with the way the last book was released, or potential for sweet new supplements that involve the possibility of filling out those three HQ selections?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. Never considered that. I would assume that what will happen is any HQ on a Bike gets RW, just like any HQ in a TDA would get DW for the other formation. That's my thought on the matter.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So what they need is a transportation option that's a bit like the Eldar's Skyrunner... instead getting a 'Ravenwing Bike' which offers the RW rule.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts