Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandering through Games workshop's website and Saw this page HERE

Now Just looking at the stats at the bottom compared to the Stats in the CSM codex, which I think are the same as the Daemons codex (not sure) They have taken a serious drop in stats. is this correct or am I just lookign at the wrong daemon prince??

·
Registered
5,539 Posts

Now Just looking at the stats at the bottom compared to the Stats in the CSM codex, which I think are the same as the Daemons codex (not sure) They have taken a serious drop in stats. is this correct or am I just lookign at the wrong daemon prince??
It's a small mistake on the Toughness but other than that it's the same as the Daemon Codex Prince.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the main thing that put me off. I thought they were str.6 and t5 normally.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
@Dave T Hobbit:

This is your 666th post...

·
4,491 Posts

Oh noes! The information about the new 5th ed CSM codex got leaked!
GW were supposed to be keeping the release a suprise. Oh well. :grin:

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Actually, I think I know where those stats come from. I don't have it handy to check, but I think those were the characteristics of the Daemon Prince from the early 3rd Edition Chaos Marine Codex. I distinctly recall that Prince having only 4 Toughness and a lackluster Invul.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The day DP are T4 is the day all Choas players should give it up. Seriously. T5 to represent a Creature that suppose to kill swaths of SMs with ease and take Dreadnaught fist to the face. Sigh...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Thank you EW for game purpose, but its preatty sad that a Wraithlord cant be hurt by Marines, but a almighty DP can on 5+. Not that tough of a beast, hell Trygons, giant angry centipedes, have better stats than Daemon World rulers.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Thank you EW for game purpose, but its preatty sad that a Wraithlord cant be hurt by Marines, but a almighty DP can on 5+. Not that tough of a beast, hell Trygons, giant angry centipedes, have better stats than Daemon World rulers.
Not really, most Tyranid MCs have some downfall; Trygons have WS5, which is good, but only I4, they're also HUGE, so they can't hide very easily.
Daemon Princes are psykers, a fair chunk cheaper than a Trygon, and much more able in CC even if they have fewer attacks; also they have an all-important Invulnerable save.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Hopefully in the next book they will return to being incredibly overpriced killing machines instead of the dirt cheap MC's for CSM's.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Hopefully in the next book they will return to being incredibly overpriced killing machines instead of the dirt cheap MC's for CSM's.
Daemons have the cost about right, since making a good solid one is 150+ points, a lot more if you want wings (which damn well SHOULD cost you a leg, since you don't need them anymore).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts