1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Nice piece of artwork.

Although it doesn't really scream "Cain" nor "Gaunt" at me. More sort of, "Generic Commissar Chappy Strikes A Pose."

Still very nice though :so_happy:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
It's a pretty different cover style to what GG has previously had but that's not to say it's not. The thing that makes me think it CC is the more flashy style of the uniform, GG has always been a bit more sparse.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's a pretty different cover style to what GG has previously had but that's not to say it's not. The thing that makes me think it CC is the more flashy style of the uniform, GG has always been a bit more sparse.
I hope it's for the next GG book. The omnibi cover all look great, but the hardcover ones make me shudder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perhaps it's for another collection of Sabbat Crusade short stories.

The rate of Gaunt's Ghosts releases has dropped rather dramatically, I feel. Perhaps this is BL's way of maintaining interest in the series in-between?

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Nah. It's part and parcel of Dan Abnett also having released a Horus Heresy novel (or two?) and a Pariah novel since 'Salvation's Reach' - not to mention short stories, novellas, and a graphic novel. :)

·
8,723 Posts
Nah. It's part and parcel of Dan Abnett also having released a Horus Heresy novel (or two?) and a Pariah novel since 'Salvation's Reach' - not to mention short stories, novellas, and a graphic novel. :)
That and having been unwell recently :(

·
Registered
557 Posts
That and having been unwell recently :(
Yeah, you really can't expect someone to go through what he went through and then just carry on like before as though nothing happened.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The sword in the commissars hand would have me believe that cover might be featuring Gaunt rather than Cain personally.
The odd thing about Ciaphas Cain covers is that they almost always portray him with a bolt pistol despite the fact that he practically never uses one. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this did turn out to be Cain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do not know if this has been brought up elsewhere buthttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Salamanders-Rebirth-Nick-Kyme/dp/184970614X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384719669&sr=1-1&keywords=salamanders+rebirth

Looks and sounds good

·
8,723 Posts
Yeah, you really can't expect someone to go through what he went through and then just carry on like before as though nothing happened.
If I recall, he might have considered stopping writing altogether at one point. Not sure on that though, pinch of salt etc....

·
Registered
557 Posts
What are you speaking of?
What happened?
Couple years ago, around the time Thousand Sons came out (Prospero Burns was supposed to come out roughly a month afterwards I believe) Dan Abnett was having seizures and they didn't know why. Turns out it was late onset epilepsy. Anyone who knows more can feel free to correct me. That alone is something that's difficult to come back from, but he dealt with that and had to spend quite some time adjusting to the changes his medication was enacting on the rest of his life. I think he talked about it in his blog. I think it was also mentioned in the intro of the Sabbat Worlds crusade anthology.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Couple years ago, around the time Thousand Sons came out (Prospero Burns was supposed to come out roughly a month afterwards I believe) Dan Abnett was having seizures and they didn't know why. Turns out it was late onset epilepsy. Anyone who knows more can feel free to correct me. That alone is something that's difficult to come back from, but he dealt with that and had to spend quite some time adjusting to the changes his medication was enacting on the rest of his life. I think he talked about it in his blog. I think it was also mentioned in the intro of the Sabbat Worlds crusade anthology.
Yeah, he also talks about it in one of his Q&As on YouTube (IIRC).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, he also talks about it in one of his Q&As on YouTube (IIRC).
Ah, I knew there was something that had happened that made the two novels not be released at the same time, but I didn't know it was something like that!
That is really terrifying. I hope he is doing better now that it has been some time. I honestly know next to nothing about epilepsy, but I do know how serious it can be. Hopefully he stays in good health. And if he can keep writing too, even better :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts