Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A surprise release has just been put out. Imperial Truth, an event exclusive anthology for the coming Horus Heresy Weekender. And this is the cover by Neil Roberts.

Beautiful. Really, I think that depiction of Terra is beautiful.

LotN

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Amazing piece of artwork. To bad the shitdips decided that they don`t want me to own it by the looks of it. Well, will have to just acquire it in the same fashion as half of their stuff has to be now ah days.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
That is a truly beautiful price of art, one of the best they've produced infact. Going by the Mohawk, I'm going to assume that's good old Constantin, I'd like to hope the other is Amon, as like I've said before, I'd like to see him become a bigger character in the series.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Is that Phalanx in the sky?

I like the similarity with the artwork in the 40k rule book. The lightness of this imperial palace really contrasts with the darknes of the 40k art, showing what 40,000 years of war can do to your decor...

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I wondered about the phalanx, but I just don't think it's big enough to be the ship that's been described as a Death Star esque small moon. I'm leaning more to it being one of the collossal sky forts, one of which being mentioned in the old Siege of Terra story by Bill King(that gets shot down I might add).

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'm leaning more to it being one of the collossal sky forts, one of which being mentioned in the old Siege of Terra story by Bill King(that gets shot down I might add).
That was my thinking also. That was also a very handy piece to have in the old HH board game :so_happy:

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
I completely agree with the above on the quality of this artwork. However, I'm quite curious as to what Valdor's complaining about - "It was this big, I tell you!"

·
8,723 Posts
I completely agree with the above on the quality of this artwork. However, I'm quite curious as to what Valdor's complaining about - "It was this big, I tell you!"
He isn't complaining.

"So I said to the guy...."

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Looks great but I'm not a fan of the mohawk, it looks oddly shaped and I wish there was some defining difference between a Custodian and a Space Marine other than armor/weapons.

Elaborate hair styles maybe, a bit larger, etc.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Perhaps you are right in that if they were side by side we'd notice. But given a previous cover that depicted a Space Marine and an unaugmented human behind him, I don't have much faith in BL being able to accurately depict physical differences within the confines of a book cover.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Looks great but I'm not a fan of the mohawk, it looks oddly shaped and I wish there was some defining difference between a Custodian and a Space Marine other than armor/weapons.

Elaborate hair styles maybe, a bit larger, etc.
Valdor has always been depicted in artwork and described in novels with a mohawk though.

·
8,723 Posts
Is that Jesus in the middle....? :grin:

We need more Custodes stuff methinks :so_happy:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Valdor has always been depicted in artwork and described in novels with a mohawk though.
Wow my bad. I mistook the one on the right for Valdor. I couldn't see the mowhawk on the left until I zoomed in. Yeah he looks fine then. The one on the right has a tiny head and a badly angled haircut.

Overall I like it...but there's always something about a Neil Robert's cover that annoys me

Here it's the armour, it makes the custodes look obese. I much prefer Adrian Smith's design

I agree. Though I prefer the armor on the cover of the First Heretic.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It's not just the helmet that adds to the cool factor but also the stark differences in armor. In the first picture, their armor looks identical to astartes armor.

In the last one, they have leather gloves and ultimately a completely different style.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts