Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came as a bit of a surpirse, I certainly hadn't heard anything about it before today but here they are:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Painting-Modelling?N=102299+4294966606&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table&_requestid=6564997

They look really nice and I'm interested to see how they compare with the old brushes. That said the prices seem incredibly steep compared to the old ones with most being around £5 and the finest being £12!

What are your thoughts? Will you be picking up a few? I think I may be exploring other options when it come to brushes now, but judgement shall be reserved for when they are released tried and tested.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Meh, lots of great brushes out there for less. Even if these are amazing I'll still be picking up any future brushes (some of mine are ~20 years old and still running) from local art supply stores.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ That's actually been around for a while. It's for spreading their textured paints onto bases and actually works OK for it.

I just use an old brush and it works pretty much the same.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I'll be honest I need new brushes, so I may just buy the essential set and see how they do.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just updated my paint brushes and got what GW is asking $230AUD for $25AUD, again GW just doesn't get it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, its like when they updated the tools and tripled if not bigger the price that most people sell said tools for

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
So, anyone know whether they're re doing the how to paint citadel miniatures guide, because not only do we have new brushes, but also they don't sell the spray gun and they've added some technical paint to the range so their painting system has changed somewhat?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Still couldn't be fucked. Why spend the money for GW quality when I can get decent brushes for 3/4ths of the cost?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some citadel and some others. Some of my dry brushes cost a bit more then citadel brushes though.
I swear Drybrushes are maent to be cheaper because they get worn out so easily? And the fact that they are rarely kolinsky

So, anyone know whether they're re doing the how to paint citadel miniatures guide, because not only do we have new brushes, but also they don't sell the spray gun and they've added some technical paint to the range so their painting system has changed somewhat?
I know they re-did the book a couple of months ago to include the technical paints, I don't know if the spray gun is still included. I hadn't even realised it has disappeared until now!

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Most of those brushes I would not even bother with, a couple I might have a daisy duke at when next in my local G.W, but at the moment looks like I'll be replening my brushes elsewhere

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just updated my paint brushes and got what GW is asking $230AUD for $25AUD, again GW just doesn't get it.
Get what part? that there's other brushes out there to use? or that by endorsing other brushes they're losing out on potential profits. If you're too lazy to look for alternatives that's you're own fault for paying that much.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not to mention, GW's competition in the paint brush market is vicious, going up against companies that have dedicated their entire existences to making perfect paint brushes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts