Did a nice email to forgeworld the other day.
However a rules question has popped up for us. In fact a few have...
1) By giving the Chaos Knight the Daemon Knight of X, does it give the bonuses normally given to the Daemons of X, Aka does Tzeentch reroll 1s on saves, Nurgle gets Slow and Purposeful and Shrouded. If this is the case do they get these bonuses based on the CSM book versions or the Daemon versions (as Nurgle gets defensive grenades).
Personally opinion says no they do not. Mainly due to the fact that you clearly express that they get Hatred for X opposing god, and the Daemon of X rules include that, so would not need mentioning.
2) Of course the great thing about being a Daemon is using stuff like Grimoire or Cursed Earth on them to improve the saving throw. However if you cast the Banishment on him you reduce their invulnerable save by 1 per time it hits. Now this part is where it gets a little strange. Normally a Daemon model will have no other Invulnerable saves, however the Daemon Knight has the Ion Shield. Would Banishment also reduce that save down. Technically by the wording of the spell
"Banishment is a malediction that targets a single unit with the Daemon special rule within 24". Whilst this power is in effect, all models in the target unit suffer a -1 penalty to their invulnerable save (normally reducing it to 6+). This is cumulative with any other modifiers to a Daemon's invulnerable save, but cannot make it worse than 6+."
it doesn't just affect the Daemons Invulnerable save but just the Invulnerable save of the model, though can only be targeted at Daemons. I can see it both ways as surely it isn't breaking the energy shield of the Ion Shield, but equally if you are unbinding the Daemon in the Walker then it is possible that it is going to be a little distracted or suffers power lose to prevent the shield from working.
3) Is the only way to get the Chaos Knight of Khorne in a Daemonkin army to have to take a Combined Arms Detachment. Because the Kytan says
In addition, it may be selected instead of a Khorne Lord of Skulls in any Detachment where such a War Machine is available.
While the Chaos Knight does not. So could not be taken in a Blood Host as it has no LOW slot (or Fortification one... but that is another of my gripes about the new detachments..). Should the rules say that it can also be taken as a "War Machine" Auxiliary choice.
I know this is turning in to an epically long mail now...
My 4th question is slightly off topic but still a good one I think.
There is no massive urgency in the requests, but would be good to know, and also printing some FAQs could be good, especially concerning Daemonkin and previous Imperial Armour Book Vehicles.
Oh and are the Dreadnaughts going to get the additional +2 attacks that the Space Marine and Dark Angel ones did in their latest books?
Thank you for your email. The answers to yuor questions are as follows -
1. If you give the Chaos Knight, the Daemon Knight of X, it does gain the benefit of the Mark in question. The variation of the Mark it receives depends upon which force it is in. So, if it was in a Nurgle Daemon Army, the Mark of Nurgle would act as per the Nurgle Daemon army Mark bonuses. If it was in a CSM force, then the Mark of Nurgle benefits for this would be used.
2. The Banishment would effect both his Daemon Save and his Ion shield save as they are both invulnerable.
3. Until any errata on this is released by the Forge World Design studio on this, we would suggest it takes the same role as the Kytan/Lord of Skull in the Daemonkin Codex.
4.Our rules team are currently working on several FAQs and errata to update our older publications and these will be released in the near future. We will, of course, pass your questions on to them.
In the meantime we suggest using the standard (non Contemptor) Dreadnoughts with four attacks rather than the printed amount. Please note that this isn't an official ruling as these will only appear in the errata/faq documents that we release.