Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the apocalypse game of yesterday, my group's little campaign has concluded. The Legion of Perfects fought flawlessly (never defeated, one single draw) and beated the shit out of everyone. No ork nor space marine, nor imperial guard could stand before me! MUAHMUAHMUAH!! :crazy:
In a month or so we eill begin another thematic campaign for shit and giggles. It will be 1500 pts army, with a 2000 pts as "semi-final" and an apocalypse as climatic ending.

Since i'm tired of wiping my opponent arshes on the ground, tabling them or going near, i'll try a less competitve army, still nasty, but not so easy to run. (or at least i hope)
Also, unbound is out of question.

Nurgle Daemon Prince
Wings
Armour
Black mace of deadly stuff
(265)

Sorceror
ML 3
Sigils of Corruption
Force sword
Bike
Spell Familiar
(170)

4 Spawns of Nurgle
(144)

6 Marines
meltagun
power axe
rhino
(148)

6 Marines
meltagun
power axe
rhino
(148)

1 Nurgle Obliterators
(76)

2 Nurgle Obliterators
(152)

2 Nurgle Obliterators
(152)

HELCULT FORMATION

Helbrute
Reaper autocannon
Heavy flamer
(120)

10 Cultists
(50)

15 Cultists
flamer
(75)

Basically my plan is to cast invisibility where needed with the sorc, while he and spawn act as counter assault unit. Marines on rhinos will take objectives supporting Helcult, oblits wreak havoc. Nurgle DP kills tough stuff and takes care of enemy heavy weapons.

Toughts and suggestions? I'm open to anything until its funny/not abusive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would be interested in seeing this list that beats every1 as i have a list thats never lost so would be nice to compare

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
axes for AP2, i trust my 3+ armour. in my meta there are lots of powerfist and a couple of power weapons. @loki619 i'll pm it to you, when i've more time :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
The things I might change...

You have 2 Heavy slots used ATM I think...

3 Oblits & 2 Oblits...
Why not go for a 2/2/1 split so you have slightly more split fire / protection from nukes. The only reason I can see for not doing that is if you plan to cast spells on them to buff them up.

2+ cover save when jinking is nice, but I think not having the power armour might mean you are killed in melee by the number of attacks that still manage to wound you without a good saving throw.

Also I am still a fan of ML2-3 for DPs as you can roll a nice biomancy and hope for Ironarm or Endurance, to a lesser extent Enfeeble (nice to make characters T3 so instant death from clubbing them), Warpspeed... TBH anything except haemorrhage as smite and life leech can still eat TEQs. Of course the nurgle powers are kinda shitty, but you are using the ML to gain the extra dice I guess.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 Oblits & 2 Oblits...
Why not go for a 2/2/1 split so you have slightly more split fire / protection from nukes. The only reason I can see for not doing that is if you plan to cast spells on them to buff them up.
hell, i wasn't really thinking. of course. thanks for pointing this out!
2+ cover save when jinking is nice, but I think not having the power armour might mean you are killed in melee by the number of attacks that still manage to wound you without a good saving throw.
yes, basically i'll be reliyng a tad too much on the mace effect. with high Init, Str 6 and a zillion of attacks a 3+ armour is not going to be necessary, however. especially because i plan to use him against meganobz and terminators, with AP 2 as a normal equip.
hordes of smaller enemies will be easy prey of him and the mace effect, i hope.
in the end he is a big mothafukking kamikaze...and will be used as such. i'd be surprised he he survives to crush 3 units. he is required to kill 2 units as a standard, then he is probably dead anyway
Also I am still a fan of ML2-3 for DPs as you can roll a nice biomancy and hope for Ironarm or Endurance, to a lesser extent Enfeeble (nice to make characters T3 so instant death from clubbing them), Warpspeed... TBH anything except haemorrhage as smite and life leech can still eat TEQs. Of course the nurgle powers are kinda shitty, but you are using the ML to gain the extra dice I guess.
mmh. honestly i'm not ok in adding other 50 pts on the guy for a couple of nurgle powers and a roll on biomancy. that's just bad, imo.
I could have another build for a DP with that plan.
Slaanesh DP, armour, ML3 (260)
fast (run d6+3), deadly, likely to roll iron arm (33%) or otherwise useful power. Also, the slaaneshi powers are the best of the lot. Having 2 of them can be useful in assault, especially to boost a friendly nearby unit or to disrupt enemies. This prince, however is not made for the list above. he needs more cc support and threat saturation.

So, i modified the list as suggested. Any other thought?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I honestly prefer a sigil over aura (4+ save is fantastic), you could cut one cultist + something else to make up the 10pts, other than that (and some tweaks mentioned above) looks good

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi @Helden, welcome to the board and thanks for your first post :)
Yes, true. Sigils are awesome. to put them i'll have to remove meltabombs and a cultists (i'd be 1 point over but c'mon!)
I don't like the idea of the sorc tarpitted by any walker...altough i guess he would be dead anyhow the first melee attack from said walker...
Thanks, list modified as suggested :)

EDIT: also, i was thinking to give the sorc a jump pack instead of a bike. Mostly for a modeling thing, since my only biker sorceror is nurgle painted... a winged sorceror, instead, i can build and paint in a day. Would it be so bad, uh?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Has the problem with the jump pack that you don't get that toughness bonus. So only T4, so instant squishy vs a lot of weapons. Also only get HoW attack if you don't use the 12" move of the jump pack that turn and use it for the charge phase.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sigh... i know. well, bike it is then

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
No ork nor space marine, nor imperial guard could stand before me! MUAHMUAHMUAH!!

Since i'm tired of wiping my opponent arshes on the ground, tabling them or going near, i'll try a less competitve army, still nasty, but not so easy to run.
Careful what you wish for, or your opponents may yet switch to Tau or Eldar... *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Bike, definitely, on the sorc.

I'd crop the ablative 6th marine in both CSM squads for power armor on the DP, honestly. If your Guard opponent uses the "ignores cover" order from his CCS... (I think you know what unit should be top priority for your Oblits to take out)

Plus you can get a few more cultists, maybe. I'd make one squad of 10, naked, and one squad of as many as you can throw in--an objective camper and the Brute bubble wrap, respectively. Dunno if you need the flamers, though yeah, they are useful sometimes.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Eh, if they do so i'll call them pussy and they shpuld have no place in the hall of warriors. For when they will be dead, Great Crom, that lives under the mountain, will ask them "Wich army you played with?" and if they answer "Eldar" or "Tau" He will cast them out of Valhalla and mock them.

This said...

Agreed on the marine/armour swap.
This should give me 5 points to add a cultist. i could drop both flamers for adding a total of 4 cultists..would it be a good exchange? 2 flamers and a heavy flamer can clear any objective and broke any horde, wich is the purpose of the Helcult...
otherwise i'm really at a loss on where to find a 20 pts to add 5 cultists without crippling my offensive or defensive output

EDIT: i could drop a spawn and take armour on the prince and 5 cultists more, just by dropping a flamer. SO this will give me a small 10 man unit and a 15 man with flamer one. mmh.. might work
DO you guys think the 5th spawn is essential? maybe, since they have a support role, they can be fine even in 4

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hmm. My bad, thought the cultist squads were both 11 models--sloppy read on my part. Just 10. Um, the 6 points should buy you one... but really, I don't think any more would be needed. Unless you wanna drop a power axe or something, but that's risky.

·
Registered
866 Posts
What about swapping the heavy flamer for a missile launcher on the brute, the cultists have got flamers for objectives, its an extra st8 or blast at range and the brute still has strength 6 in cc.
The only other thing I can suggest is lose an obliterator for power armour and more cultist's.
Hope it helps.��

And that's a century!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Lol Daysyduke, happy century to you!
About the loss of the powerfist i'm totally against it. the brute needs to be scary in cc with str 10 and AP 2. otherwise he is just an overcosted devastator.
i could, hovewer drop the heavy flamer. 15 pts... need to think about this.
Also, oblits are the only thing i have to take things from the distance. (and the only true high priority target, beside the DP)

EDIT: so, removed a spawn and a flamer. added 5 cultists and armour to the prince. i think that's it.
Thank you all for the help and the hints!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the records, the list is going pretty good, i had three test games with it and i'm happy. I got 2 crushing victories and a defeat (my fault for playing drunk). I found out that the Nurgle DP with invisibility and Black Mace can take out even Skarbrand and the toughest MCs...
I was however tempted to drop the 5th obliterator and add 10 cultists to the big unit (making them 25 strong) and another nurgle spawn. me thinks that extra cc push will compensate the loss of that odd shot. Am i totally wrong or is it feasible?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm at this list again. Want to make some changes. I really found out i cannot use reliably the Nurgle DP (i spam snake eyes and just can't get reliably the invisibility spell). I'm then tweaking the list a bit. Instead of a single fast monster (nurgle dp), i'm going with 3 slow monsters (giant spawns)...also dropping 2 oblits in favour of more missile launcher shots to add a reliable source of 48" Str 8 hits . Power axes dropped too, being useless, in favour of a combimelta (day-changer). A nurgle spawn added, extra bodies on the cultists added. With this load out the sorceror can still go for telepathy but could be very funny to go full biomancy and follow the spawn tide and crush, maim, kill!!! Toughts?

Sorceror
ML 3
Sigils of Corruption
Force Maul
Bike
Spell Familiar
(170)

5 Spawns of Nurgle
(180)

Giant Spawn (80)

Giant Spawn (80)

Giant Spawn (80)