Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, as i posted on my welcome thread i mentioned i'd post pics of the cadians i picked up yesterday. This model is from the quick-fit 5 cadian set. All my paints and models are at my other home meaning I had only used 5 paints to complete this model, although I think he turned ok. (boltgun metal, elf flesh mixed with skull white, skull white, codex grey, chaos black).

First post, ill get my marines up soon but this is a sample of my work for now, thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wow. That's really nice. It looks like it wasn't too much of a chore either. Would you mind posting how you did that? I'm looking for a decent way to paint some conscripts/penal legion and the cloth looks good. +rep for using snap fit ta boot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Basically just undercoated the model in watered down chaos black, then dry brushed the armour and cloth codex grey a few times until it stood out. Painted a few thin coats of white on the weapon and armour. Had to use watered down black again on cloth in certain areas to pick out the detail if the dry brushing went over it. Skin was just elf flesh and white mixed.

Pretty simple but like you said I was pleased how easy it is when just involving as little as 5 paints.

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
I like it quite a bit. Very nice.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Great work for a nice simple colour scheme that can be hard to paint. Rep to you

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice work there, especially with limited colours at hand.
Well done.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great work there, Only thing is that it looks very very VERY simmilar to my scheme...

Still, painted better than me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts