Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**I am dyslexic so my spelling can be a little off some times**

Well I am chris from Scotland I am 28 and have been playing on and off since 13 years of age.

- How did you find us: Well I have always looked at the foram for years at some of the articals getting advice on army builds.
- Your location: Central Scotland just out side Glasgow

- Why did you choose that handle (name).: Big fan of the Gaunts Ghost's Novels read all them to date.
- How long have you been playing Games Workshop Systems and Wargames in general: since 1995
- Best memory during a battle: Killing Abadon the Dispoiler with a 2ed Space wolf Whirlwhind
- Favourite army: Impearl Guard
- Regular gaming buddies also on the forums.: I think there about on here some where not sure of there user names.
- Basically anything of interest to give us a better understanding of who you are and what you’re about.: Well I hold the Rank of Sargeant In the Army Cadet Force as an Instructor, I love all types of music mainly my rock, I play the guitar, I love Stratagy games, got few freinds but the freinds I do have are good ones. I am Studing Web Development and have my own website. I can speek Japanese and I have been to Japan, I am Fully MCSE Quealified was a manager of a tech dep as well as a field enganeer for a IT company. Like to chill get to know peeps and always willing to give a hand to anyone who needs help.

I am a Devout Imperaial Player I Started off with a Space Wolf army but was tempeted by the ways of chaos, I have a small Chaos Mainly Khorne Army but hopping to flogg that and my fantasy Chaos Army so I can build more on my Guard.
I have found my Calling with the Imp Guard, to date:
Hq
Main Hq
2 Commasars
Eleat
20 Karskin
1 TechPriest
Troops
3 HQ Units
120 Guards men makeing up (12 - 10 man Units)
15 to 20 Necromunda Models that I use as Pianal Leagon Sqauds.
2 Chimera Trasports
30 Cadians which I need to remodle (got cheep deal on ebay with tanks)
Fast Attack
3 Sentanals
1 Valkrie
Heavy
3 Leaman Russ Battle Tanks
2 Basilisk's

Hope to expand every so often.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, liking the sound of that guard army, just wondering, have you read the short story "Ork Hunter"? it's the Let the Galaxy Burn I think, great guard story, was the first black library story I read. I'd like to welcome you to the forums as well :) sorry I'm not a more senior member, I had an other account but lost access to it. Ah well, it happens haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey its cool and thanks, well I am going to try expand it ever year. I have read quite a few books from the black libary was a big fan of the Gotrex and Felix novels but kind of stoped reading them case the auther change and I stoped reading them, but I am a big fan of Dan Abnett's Gaunts Ghosts but not fond of the horis hearsy books since I have all of the 2nd edd books and the back ground and that. but anyway.

so your a space wolf player, that was my first army I played.
how long you been playing the hobby?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been in the hobby about 4 years, but only being 16 I can only say i was actually serious about the hobby fr about two of those haha. I may have to pick up these Gaunt's Ghosts novels, you seem to like them alot, and Dan Abnett is a great author.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea hes great, I would highly recomend them but thats cool, I have to admit I have had my serious moments with the hobby myself, I am just about to start building up some of the stuff I orderd, like the Sentanals.

so you probaly started at 3rd Edd 2nd edd was good a bit chaotic and we are talking over powerd Charictors, Like Kharne the Batrayer to name one but my 2nd edd army was Space wolfs like I said, but composed of entierly of Wolf Guard, 26 models in total and could take out anything , "ah those were the days!" lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haha, I started not long before 3rd edition was replaced, would have liked to have gotten the starter box from third, heaps better than stupid Battle For Macragge :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eya I know what you mean, I got the Imp box set which included a Russ tank but they replaced the dam thing with a sentanal but not that I did not want the centanal haveing a 4th russ would have been good. well I did not like 3rd Edd 4th was good I have to admit, 5ths ok but It seems to me that every even eddition is better though if thay go for a 6th edd I am not moveing GW get enuth money out of my, must have spent a thousand over the entire hobby so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts