1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
630 Posts
Advance order my arse, so they take some ancient models off the shelves and make them 'Advanced Order Only' to drum up a bit of Interest!
I had a read of the 'official' codex while at the doubles tourny In Wakefield yesterday and It Is quite funny, not a single new bit of fluff, no new painted models, no new artwork. They've really pushed the boat out with this one. :evil:
And Lemartes only costs 5pts more than a 'std' JP chaplain gaining you +1 WD +1 LD and a fruity Death mask, hmm wouldn't have anything to do with the shite coathanger model would It? :roll:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I don't submit to the usual GW bashers point of view but this has really pissed me off.

How can forge world trot out so many sculpts?

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Although I for one don't think SM need any more stuff for the next couple of years (save for the accidental plastic kit of course) I would have really liked to see the 3 main characters get a nice resculpt. Would have been pretty cool if they'd do the same for Space Wolves in say another 6-12 months.

Really a missed opportunity if you ask me, just 3, maybe even just 2 or even 1 new model might have dragged a whole bunch of gamers over to the good old Blood Angels.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
While i agree in theory some new models might have been nice, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the models as there are[excepts lemartes]. Bearing in mind usually there are 2 40k army releases per year the idea behind the white dwarf codicies is that it allows them to "re-release" a codex for an army, that doesn't need lots of development time spent on it. BA is one such army in that its model range is fine as is, indeed most of it is just the normal marine stuff painted red. however the list was hugely unbalanced and often abused. As it is i still think the new codex makes for a very powerful list, and with assault squads becoming troops it definately has a very strong feel to it that ties in with the BA's assaulty nature. If it proves to be a sucess then i see no reason why spacewolves wouldn't get the same treatment as again there model range doesn't need much work but there codex could do with a revamp.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mephiston's okay, but he's very 2nd Edition in style (for obvious reasons), and I'd prefer a more dynamic model. If he's a vampiric nutjob, let's have it reflected in the model, rather than having him just stand there.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Was in Welly today, so stopped off at the GW there and asked about BA - no new models coming out, the staff member I talked to has seen the releases for the next six months and no new BA stuff.

He knew less than me about the Chaos Codex though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts