Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New blood angels list 1750 Revised

HQ
Epistolary - Blood Lance Sheild of Sanguinius, Jump Pack

Elite
Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack, Power Weapon,

Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Sanguine Guard- Power Fist,

Terminator Assault Squad- Thunder Hammer and Strom sheilds - Deidicated Land Raider

Troops
Assault Squad 10 man- Meltagun x2 Power Fist

·
Registered
361 Posts
What's the point of fielding an RAS without a power weapon/fist/hammer for the Sergeant? :scratchhead: Drop the Land Raider squad down to 5 men and use them as home base objective holders. Then use the points you've freed up to buy some sort of nasty CCW for the Sergeants and Extra Armor for the LR.

Give the Epistolary Unleash Rage so he can actually give a boost to whichever squad he joins.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to run the land crusader because all the list im going to playing against run a lot of blast weapons and tanks, including Land crusaders. Im really just scared that an all jumper army will not have enough strength to over come these heavy tank list.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the army build looked more like this

HQ
Mephiston

Epistolary Blood lance Unleash Rage

Elites
Priest- Jump Pack Power Weapon

Priest- Jump Pack power weapon

Sanguine Guard- 2 Infernus Power fist

Troops-
10 Assault Squad- Multimeltax2 Powerfist

10 Assault Squad- Multimeltax2 Powerfist

5 Assault Squad Multimelta Powerfist

Fast Attack-
Baal Predator- Sponsons Heavy bolters storm bolter

Baal Predator Sponsons Heavy bolters storm bolter

This would make the list exactly 1750. I would start with a bulk of the army on the ground advancing and firing and bring down the guard a priest a libby and a 5 man assault squad on the enemy units from reserves causing mass chaos.

·
Registered
648 Posts
All jumper can do very well against mech. All those accurate meltas and Blood Lance coming in can shut down mech quickly while VV swoop in to mop up.

Mephiston fits better in a mech army since he doesn't have DoA. Either one works really.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do you suggest either going mech or jumpers? Is a mix list just not worth it? I dont have to use Meph his stat line is just so tasty it is hard not to try to fit him in lol. And Baal Preds are just really cool, but if it does not work than it does not work. Thanks for all the feed back you have been giving me, I am just trying to figure out my list so that I can go ahead and buy the thing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mech and jumpers are both good in different ways, it's really gonna be up to personal preference. Hybrids are trickier since you run the risk of diluting the effectiveness of your army by spreading yourself too thinly across various elements.

If you want to go jumper, go all jumper with meltas, PF, Sanguinary Priests, VV, a Librarian and possibly Dante and SG.

If you go mech, Mephiston is always a good pick to give you some nasty CC punch that can hide behind your Rhinos. Rhinos/Razors full of cheap RAS sporting melta, Preds and Dreads work great.

Hybrids are trickier. The easiest to do is 6 Preds and a bunch of jumper marines with SP in place to provide FNP. Everything is tough and you bring good fighty with firepower to back it up. Taking a normal mech force with a unit or two of jumpers with back up from Flying Lib Dreads, Ravens and the like works too, you just run the risk of spending too much or not enough on a particular element and hurting the others.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HQ
Epistolary - Blood Lance Sheild of Sanguinius, Jump Pack

Elite
Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack, Power Weapon,

Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Sanguine Guard- Power Fist

Terminator Assault Squad- Thunder Hammer and Strom sheilds - Deidicated Land Raider

Troops
Assault Squad 10 man- Meltagun x2, Power Fist

Assault Squad 10 man- Meltagun x2, Power Fist

Assault Squad 10 man- Meltagun Power Fist

How about a list like this? it gives me a great deathstar unit that can be deep struck in and plenty of troops to jump around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts