Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

New BA - a wip thread

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Steaknchips 
#1 ·
Litrally just started these guys not the best photos but then again their still far from being finished :D

Enjoy :D

See less See more
#6 ·
Glad you guys like it so far.

1. Base with black spray
2. Fill in all red areas with Mechrite Red
3. Apply a rought layer of Blood Red over the previous layer (doesnt have to be too tidy just get a bit of lightness in there.
4. Apply a heavy wash of 50:50 Ogryn Flesh and Badab Black
5. Re-highlight mass areas back upto Blood Red. I normally do 2 coats here as the pain is faily thin even withought watering it down. The second coat will come though very red so you can use it more as a point highlight.
6. More highlights of Blazing Orange (getting quite fine here but covering most edges.
7. Final highlight of Vomit Brown - this is for extreme highlights and can just about be seen on his shoulder and the top of his knee.

Sometimes i'll go over the finished armour with a red wash just to take bits back down a shade but it really depends on what else the model has on it and balancing the tones out.

Been working on the libbys sword and rebasing dante on something more suitable today.

#13 ·
<----UPDATE!---->

Not loads of painting but the force has grown a little stronger.

I now have

3 squads of sang guard built
1 assault squad
2 JP priests
Dante
Libby
3 MM attack bikes
2 Baal preds
and finally 2 Razorbacks waiting to get some guns

Still to build are 3 Razorbacks
4x 5 man assault squads

Piccys...

Sang priests and libby with a bit more work done on them:

Dante rebased with his guard squad:

Baal no1 with wing pattern in progress:

Assault squad having their helmets polished ;)

#15 ·
While i'm logged in and looking I was thinking of getting some of the new forgeworld armour sets for my assault squads and throwing in extra bits from the DC box.

Has anyone got either - MK V HERESY, MK IV MAXIMUS, MK VI CORVUS - yet?

Would be nice for one of the oldest chapters to have some relics on the field.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.