1. Base with black spray
2. Fill in all red areas with Mechrite Red
3. Apply a rought layer of Blood Red over the previous layer (doesnt have to be too tidy just get a bit of lightness in there.
4. Apply a heavy wash of 50:50 Ogryn Flesh and Badab Black
5. Re-highlight mass areas back upto Blood Red. I normally do 2 coats here as the pain is faily thin even withought watering it down. The second coat will come though very red so you can use it more as a point highlight.
6. More highlights of Blazing Orange (getting quite fine here but covering most edges.
7. Final highlight of Vomit Brown - this is for extreme highlights and can just about be seen on his shoulder and the top of his knee.
Sometimes i'll go over the finished armour with a red wash just to take bits back down a shade but it really depends on what else the model has on it and balancing the tones out.
Been working on the libbys sword and rebasing dante on something more suitable today.
A forum community dedicated to Warhammer, Warhammer 40K enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Warhammer and Wargaming collections, miniatures, tactics, terrain, reviews, accessories, history, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!