Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
So if they are just decoys does that mean when an opponent wounds them the real squad member remains alive? If not why does wounding a decoy put the real guy out of action?

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Its pretty simple tbh, you get decoys equal to the squad size, until you actually decide "I needed my squad where that last surving guy is/was" you don't reveal. until that point you have multiple options on where the squad really is.
Your opponent can try to limit your options by "killing" decoys, you would wait until the last moment to reveal, when you do the decoys will be functionally pointless so you can just remove them, the squad is then deployed full strength at the point of one of the "decoys".

If the opponent were to ignore all the decoys then you could potentially move them to several vital positions and then reveal at the optimum time, so "killing" the decoys would really pay off as it forces you to reveal much earlier.

It would be a fun squad to try, I may mock one up and give it go with some friends - I am not sure what the costs would have to be, it really depends on how effective they turn out to be.

Against tactically inept opponents these would be lethal, against good players I feel they would sit at the "pretty anoying" level as they would be dangerous if left unchecked but poor if focused on - consider them a good distraction unit

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
'Tis odd, but I've always been partial to the idea of Warlocks that come from within the Aspect Shrines, and be an upgrade to the Aspect Warrior squad. Imagine a Scorpion Warlock that boosts the abilities of his brothers, or a Dark Reaper Warlock that grants them the ability to indirectly fire (a la Hive Guard) or some such bonus... Basically, each aspect "clan" could have an Exarch AND a specialized Warlock "adviser"/councillor/commissar attached to it... Then, of course, you could still have a "normal" (Outsider...lol) Warlock be assigned to the squad as well...

...And just imagine the rather cool models/conversions...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts