Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've being playing with tau for the greater part of three years and recently have began to hate them with a passion. i'm always hopelessly outmatched by the mobility of my opponents. (nids, D.E, Podding Marines), but i can live with this because it just a game. my main problem is that their so flimsy. my whole army is in ruins. all ten battlesuits are destroyed now, and my tanks are in a similiar state and my men. for example i knocked a pinned one of the table about three foot and he shattered.

either way i've decided it's time for a new army

I've been thinking and it's a toss-up between witch hunters, wych cults and orks.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've decided it's ork a couple of other forums say the same.

and the damage wasn't done by me mostly, more my lgs players lack of respect for my stuff

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Orks. Lots of orks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
orks for now is the best bet as the others are rumored to have new codexs coming out soonish (within the next 12 months hopfuly)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Forget orks they suck, well they only have like 1 workable army, but go with either eldar or chaos. eldar are very sick they are only good on speeders bikes and lots and lots of tanks, and chaos is a entirly different army than normal space marines, and chaos are hard to describe even tho iv been playing them for about 2 years, but chaos is like the type of army you gotta look up lol. IF you want a crap load of hand-to-hand, id suggest the tyranids, there amazing in hand-to-hand, if you take em, dont have hormagonts and termagonts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Forget orks they suck, well they only have like 1 workable army, but go with either eldar or chaos. eldar are very sick they are only good on speeders bikes and lots and lots of tanks, and chaos is a entirly different army than normal space marines, and chaos are hard to describe even tho iv been playing them for about 2 years, but chaos is like the type of army you gotta look up lol. IF you want a crap load of hand-to-hand, id suggest the tyranids, there amazing in hand-to-hand, if you take em, dont have hormagonts and termagonts
Except that none of those armies were in the list of 3 that he gave? Probably safe to presume that if someone's been playing for a while, they've already ruled out armies they've not mentioned for one reason or another...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ok heres what you do put a poll up of your choice of which armies you may want to do and when you satisfied pick the least voted one and make it work cause your opponent wont be expecting a bad army to be very good

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
:mrgreen:

Use the WAAAGH, Bob! Orks are full of flavor, character, and customization options. I usually find really good deals on most Ork miniatures on the web. They are a lot of fun and at the same time very competitive. Just check out the 2009 Ardboyz Finals results on the GW website where the Orks had the most finalists besides all the Space Marine codices combined.

OBGOG

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would go with orks despite what overlordson said I disagree orks Have loads of flavorful lists that can keep you on your toes. To but it bluntly there the skaven of the 41st millennium. Orks will generally make you laugh, also there cheap on ebay I bough a set of 30 of them for 25 bucks. In the end this is up to you I hoped this little tidbit of info helped.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the replies guys :) i think i'm going to go for orks

@overlordson: i don't like eldar storyline, chaos are just space marines and if i took nids the best things to have a couple of squads of gaunts as meat shileds and objective holders

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.