Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with rumours of a new apocalypse book this year - what is on the wishlist?

Any units you want to see the back of forever? any old epic units you want to see included?

How should it work with flyers? more superheavy flyers? more options to kill them?

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
a decent ork formation would be nice, aswell as a baneblade sized super heavie, similar to a battlefortress with more options to make looted varients of all the baneblade vareints.

or a formation of tanks piloted by grots for the extra bs.....

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
a decent ork formation would be nice, aswell as a baneblade sized super heavie, similar to a battlefortress with more options to make looted varients of all the baneblade vareints.

or a formation of tanks piloted by grots for the extra bs.....
X2 i agree maybe some super heavy flyers that arnt the mine layer becaue that wouldnt make sence as a flyer.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really hopping for some interesting rules concerning flyers, they need to be squadrons which run aerial strafes across the battlefield, would make leaving stuff out in the open far more hazardous and lead to an additional tactical consideration.

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
I'm really hopping for some interesting rules concerning flyers, they need to be squadrons which run aerial strafes across the battlefield, would make leaving stuff out in the open far more hazardous and lead to an additional tactical consideration.
now that would be wicked.

could almost do a focus fire thing for the dakkajet, something similar to the supa gatler, keeps shooting and going on to the next lot of troops untill ya roll a double 6 or something for how many hits are scored.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Shit yeah! Love this idea, the idea of a flight of 3 Marauder Destroyers, in formation, carpet bombing everything in sight and then coming back to strafe the board would be a sight to see.

I'd like to see Termites and more sub terrian units appear/reappear. Rules focussing on titan "only" battles would be great. Also: Knights, bring back the Knights!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not that bothered about new super heavies - FW already have plenty of those. Would be nice to see some concept of height in the flyer rules though.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I want to see the back of Titan Holo-Fields, and see them changed into something else. As it stands, the whole 'fragility' argument doesn't hold water as the Eldar Titans are pretty ridiculously tough for their offensive output - 4 Str D Large Blasts and 36" movement over other units makes them the Heldrakes of Apocalypse.

I'd like to see something new and innovative for Space Marines, rather than a bunch of assets that are cool but fail in practice - Last Stand is a great idea, but it's hardly viable when someone drops a Belly Gun and your heroes are all killed in the first shot of the game. Legion Relic is quite but not big enough to make a difference (6 Str 10 AP2 attacks on one dude with T4 and no Eternal Warrior or Hammer Blow/Flank March, your choice)

Midnight

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
More Chapter-specific formations for Marines - not necessarily new units, just ways to make unique army lists. Obviously this would have to be limited to the First Founding Chapters, plus maybe some additional famous ones like the Black Templars or Crimson Fists.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to see the back of Titan Holo-Fields, and see them changed into something else.
I think they fit the feel and fluff of Eldar, and the titans are glass in CC - most half decent CC units will rip them a new one. The titans are pretty even with other titans in the game - is is more that the largest superheavies are bit off the curve.

Also, if these were taken away then Eldar players would pretty much pack up in apocalypse as they are a staple, plus it is nice to have a serious 1up on the supposedly technologically inferior imperium.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Here's a list of what I'd like out of Apoc ed2.
-Make the game more stripped and streamlined. Challenges, casualty removal, all the rules and rules exceptions make Apocalypse too slow.
-VDR rules.
-Character Design Rules
-Updated datasheets as quite a few of them, especially some of the IG ones, are outdated and are only field-able if you use very old codices.
-Battlefield Effects (like the old Hazardous Battlefield rules).
-Introduce some "modular" formations so that players can make some combinations out of units that they already have, rather than just spamming a specific unit. Something like Spearhead formations,
-The first portion of your army, say the first 2000 to 3000 points, must be chosen from your codex using the normal FOC, and then remaining points can be spent on datasheets and super heavies.
-Plastic Thunderhawk.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I think they fit the feel and fluff of Eldar, and the titans are glass in CC - most half decent CC units will rip them a new one. The titans are pretty even with other titans in the game - is is more that the largest superheavies are bit off the curve.
See, this is true now, but back when they were just 4++ saves, I charged a Daemon Prince and a Chaos Dreadnought into one and didn't even glance because of Holo-Fields.

Midnight

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I'd like to see a Tzeentch/TSon superheavy with an actual model, like a Silver Tower, from GW/FW. Seems like Nurgle/Khorne get all the love...

And how about one of the Tzeentch flyers from Epic making a comeback?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts