Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! My name is Lucas and I literally picked up Dark Vengeance 2 days ago. I've been really interested in trying 40k out for a few years now, I've read some Horus Heresy, played Space Marine, and Have always been into putting models together, though I haven't done so in years! LOL! I picked up a paint set that had like 5 marines in it a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but due to financial hardships hadn't had the chance to procure an army or anything. Over the course of the next few weeks I plan to paint and assemble what came in my beginner kit and give it a shot. Very excited!
Looking forward to hearing from y'all. I welcome any and all advice for a beginner. I've played dungeons and dragon in the past and I think I will enjoy 40k just as much if not more!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome, Heretic! :crazy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell yeah! Appreciate the warm welcome. Hopefully my paint will arrive tomorrow and I can start painting the suckers. Earlier today, I was googling the game and saw some entries about it being too difficult. I have experience paper and pen gaming, so, really when you get down to it how difficult is it? I'm sure it takes a bit to learn the rules of play and what not. Definitly will have a note pad to write down specific things I struggle with. The town I am from has no game stores so I pretty much would have to take my stuff to work and stop by a comic store or wizards keep to try to get a game going. (Kind of from a good Ol' boy area so these fools wouldn't know warhammer from the warriors movie lol) I thought about just dropping in a shop and coaxing someone into rolling a couple matches with me to get the basics. I've watched a few videos but in my inebriated state remember nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts