Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I was expecting with the new edition was a whole heap of new fluff similar to what we got when 6th came out, like the whole end times thing, the golden throne breaking down, the astronomicon starting to flicker. Yet there has been barely a whimper since 7th came out.

I haven't bought the new book yet, so is there anything I'm missing, or have they expanded on the 6th fluff at all?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
We're never going to see the end times because that would mean the end of GW's franchise.

Undoubtedly the Golden Throne is going to get fixed/the Emperor reborn.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
we get an explanation to Ghazkull behaviour and plans! He is preparing the biggest waagh for the endtimes!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
aw, well, in that case, we have nothing new...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
if i am not mistaken, no, nothing new from the 6th ed manual. it would be strange though. why they should give us new fluff in the base manual, when they can sell new fluff in the extra contents? we had some new lore from Crimson slaughter, we had gazkull shit, we'll have more, but we shall pay for it...

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
if i am not mistaken, no, nothing new from the 6th ed manual. it would be strange though. why they should give us new fluff in the base manual, when they can sell new fluff in the extra contents? we had some new lore from Crimson slaughter, we had gazkull shit, we'll have more, but we shall pay for it...
A cunning strategy. GW have realized people are dissatisfied with the prices of their models, so now they're targeting the fluff enthusiasts? Damn them.

We better nip this trend in the bud. Nobody buy any more supplements or codexes! :crazy:

[For those unfamiliar with orange text, I am of course kidding. Do what you want. ]

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
sadly enough i fear they will soon realize that, if people can't copy or mold their own models, they can and will fish wild codexes and manual from a good stream or torrent on the mountains...aspecially when a codex has gone to the mad cost of 40 €...i fear that will be a serius issue in the future

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
sadly enough i fear they will soon realize that, if people can't copy or mold their own models, they can and will fish wild codexes and manual from a good stream or torrent on the mountains...aspecially when a codex has gone to the mad cost of 40 €...i fear that will be a serius issue in the future
I remember the days that a codex was half that price, problem is, they made the production more expensive with hardcovers and full colour books and ofcourse added a nice margin to it after that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
We're never going to see the end times because that would mean the end of GW's franchise
I would disagree whole heatedly Darkblade. If anything the End Times could be dragged out to create quite a profit for GW in terms of Merchandise, Fluff material, and Codex's. Additionally, what is the end can also become the beginning. They could reach the end times only to find out that their really is no end and the galaxy will continue to be in eternal war.

Don't be so quick to judge.

we get an explanation to Ghazkull behaviour and plans! He is preparing the biggest waagh for the endtimes!
What about the new Eldar, or the Astra Militarium. I feel a lot of their base changes and Fluff additions are being skipped over here.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
those i think are retcons... and still not in the BRB ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts