Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you now doubt can see the idea for this list is off the new decurion formation that the updated Ghazghull book has. I'm not positive if I've done it right but the book says one (Command) thing basically either the Ghazzgull and bros formation or a weirdboy, pain boy, mek or big mek solo.

Went for Mek because its cheaper. And kill-saw to replace a nob for points effectiveness.

The its the warband for the (Core selection) with some large squads to fit into the wagons and a mega nobs squad.

After that its the Blitz brigade for (auxiliary) choice.

For the buffs the free Hammer of wrath for all of the squads over ten. Nice little army instead of the more standard 5 battlewagon list.

Ork Decurion Mk1 (1749pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (1669pts)
Formation (1634pts)

(Command) (80pts)

(No FOC) (45pts)

Mek (45pts) Killsaw, Slugga

"(Core)" (1074pts)
Boyz 19x Boy 19x Shoota
Boyz 10x Boy 10x Slugga
Boyz 10x Boy 10x Slugga
Boyz 19x Boy 19x Shoota
Boyz Boss Nob Power Klaw, Slugga 19x Boy 19x Shoota
Boyz Boss Nob Power Klaw, Slugga 19x Boy 19x Shoota
Gretchin 10x Gretchin Runtherd Grabba stik
Meganobz Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha, Meganob w/ Kombi- Skorcha
Mek Killsaw, Slugga
Warboss Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Warlord Mega Armour Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota

(Axillary) (600)
"Blitz Brigade" (600pts)
Battlewagon Reinforced Ram, Rokkit Launcha

Any thoughts probably gunna spend more points to buff out the extra boys squads, but just wanted to get some kind of idea up. See opinons?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Re-wrote the lists again using battlescribe again (got the update out if you need), but it clarified things in regards to the decurion formation so with a little shuffling of points. Again as with the other list have dropped two of the nobs from the two of the battle wagon squads and replacing them with some killsaw meks just to save points on units that have to be taken.

Only other complaint not too sure on the rules but the list is only allowing taking of the Waaagh Ghazghull relics and warlord traits. Will have to see when my book finally rocks up instead of these stolen photos. There for cannot take the ultimate lukky stikk - mega armor boss, so currently got the mega boss with fearless banner. Thinking possibly taking a Big Mek with the 4+ KFF instead but not sure of the points available.

5 Battle Wagon (Decurion) mk2 (1748pts)
Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Great Waaagh!-band) (1748pts)

Command (45pts)
Mek (45pts) Killsaw, Slugga

Core (1078pts)

"Waaagh!-band" (1078pts)

Boyz: Boss Nob Power Klaw, Shoota 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz: Boss Nob Power Klaw, Shoota 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz: 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz: 17x Boy 17x Shoota
Boyz: Boy w/ Big Shoota 12x Boy 12x Shoota
Boyz: Boy w/ Big Shoota 12x Boy 12x Shoota
Gretchin: 10x Gretchin Runtherd Grabba stik
Meganobz: Boss Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota
Mek: Killsaw, Slugga
Warboss w/ Mega Armour (WG): Gubbinz: Big Bosspole, Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Mega Armour, Power Klaw

Auxiliary (625pts)

"Blitz Brigade" (625pts)
Battlewagon Kannon, Reinforced Ram

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Like you I am waiting to get the book before I write up any list and I can see the formations myself. I am hearing lots of bad things about it so we shall see. Looks like they got rid of the green tide as well. But I will be building a 5 battlewagon list as well.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They haven't erased the green tide yave they? Its still in the main ork book isn't it?

Apart from that not sure thay bad things your talking about short of the lack of any real options in the core and command sections. All the buffs are good apart from the boss is watching rules for hitting more of your boys.

Apart from that keen for more options hopefully broadens the orky potential.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeah the green tide is gone in the updated supplement which sucks because it would have benefited from the waaagh every turn special rule.

BOLS WAAAGH

I like the kill mob formation more and I think I will pair that with the Dread mob or the Gorkanaut krushin crew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts