10xgrey hunters-2xmelta,fist,MoW,rhino-230
5xWolf Guard-1x cyclone terminator-135
5xWolf Guard-1x cyclone terminator-135

Fast

4xThunderwolf Cavalry-TH,SS,Frost Axe-285
4xThunderwolf Cavalry-TH,SS,Frost Axe-285

Heavy
5xLong Fangs, 1x Pack Leader-5xmultimelta-drop pod-175

has successfully won two matches against my friends crimson fists, obviously requires more playtesting, but im definately considering changing around the long fangs a little bit...but its pretty straight forward, i think the grey hunters add a nice touch with their obvious anti horde capabilities, and the close range anti vehicle utilitym plus they give me a decent amount of bodies..i didnt feel the need to spam cyclones considering the 2 i have are a mobile fire base and the rest of the army is geared for short range firefights while the thunderwolves role is fairly obvious...criticism greatly appreciated

p.s. the rune priest is random but its presence on the field is definately helpful, im using jotww as a tyranid MC go away button

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Your TWC are illegal. You can one have one special CCW. A PF on a unit with only one attack? That's just a huge waist. Give him a PW.

·
Registered
155 Posts
your not taking advantage logan you have barely anything for support. you've got very little anti armor, 4 missile shots that can shoot at 2 things, 4 melta's, and multimelta fangs with logan, and the rune priest. that just isn't enough at 1850. you have 4 troops but they aren't that scary. and as ahab said, the TWC are illegal.

if you want better anti tank id say fix the TWC which gives you 50 points if you switch the frost axe with a bolter, then drop the grey hunters for 460 more points. now you have 510 points to spend on getting more wolf guard. id get 3 more groups decked out the same thats 405 and with the points left add 2 drop pods to 2 units. then drop one long fang, that gives you some more points, and use that to give the 2 WG in drop pods some combi meltas. now you get 2 pods in turn 1 one with logan and the fangs and the other with combi meltas and a cyclone missile launcher. you also get to keep one scoring unit in reserves to drop in later and possibly pop something.

i might also drop the SS for melta bombs and use those points to add fists and more combi meltas, adding them to the terminator makes them cheaper, the combi weapons cost the same either way. you have less bodies and your a little less mobile but you have more anti tank with 10 missiles instead of 4, more target saturation, and lots of melta on the dropping units, plus the fangs with logan and the rune priest and TWC for real anti infantry. and add terminator armor to the rune priest so he get's and invul.

logan

rune priest
terminator armor
LL Jaws

WG x5
terminator w/ cyclone and fist
5 combi melta
drop pod

WG x5
5 combi melta
drop pod

WG x5

WG x5

WG x5

TWC x4
fist
bolter
melta bombs

TWC x4
fist
bolter
melta bombs

fangs x5
4x MM
drop pod

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I like true's list but I would give the TWC a SS... Just to give them a bit better chance. I would just give the RP a belt since it is cheaper.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
he did say the list is semi-Logan wing, not entirely Logan wing fellas...

the biggest issues i see is your Leadership scores, both the GH and the TWC have low Ldshp in comparison to other MEQ's, and my biggest concern would be that they'll run away after one turn of shooting, especially the TWC.

your WG are foot slogging, which is a potential danger for them as well.

i would almost drop the RP for pods and combis on the WG.

good hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts