Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all of the infantry models already, the new DP model on order but none of the vehicles. I'm really looking for comments and constructive criticism, not suggestions on a completely new list.

Things I would particularly like feedback on:

I know I lack long range anti-tank, but will 6 meltas and 2 battlecannons, 2 fists and a MC be enough to take out tanks in an average game?

I have 5 scoring units listed, is this completely overkill, and should I maybe drop one or two in favour of something a bit heavier?

What are likely to be the biggest weaknesses with this list?

If I were to change just one thing, what would be the single biggest priority?

I am having trouble finding meltaguns (for a realistic price anyway) - would it be a terrible idea to rearrange and instead of having 6 meltas, have 2 meltas, 2 flamers and 2 plasmas? If I did this, which squad would take which weapons?

After trying to get some gaming experience mucking around with AOBR, despite having some nifty assualt troops, I am concerned about meeting horde armies - am I being paranoid?

If anyone wishes to answer any of these questions for me, or has anything else to add I will be very appreciative.

The list:

HQ1 - 140pts
Daemon Prince
+Wings
+Mark of Khorne

Troops 1 - 243pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power fist
+Rhino transport

Troops 2 - 243pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power fist
+Rhino transport

Troops 3 - 235pts
10x Chaos Space Marines
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
+Rhino Transport

Troops 4 - 235pts
10x Chaos Space Marines
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
+Rhino Transport

Fast Attack 1 - 250pts
8x Chaos Raptor
+Aspiring Champion
+Lightning claws
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne

Heavy Support 1 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler

Heavy Support 2 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler

Summoned Daemons 1 - 104pts
8x Lesser Daemons

Total: 1750pts

·
Registered
941 Posts
verry khorny and very good, make sure the defilers have 4 DCCWS for free. get ROT's help, as he's the khorne king!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts

You seem new, so i'll explain my reasons for change! If that helps :) I'm not being patronising!!
The list:

HQ1 - 140pts
Daemon Prince
+Wings
+Mark of Khorne
Drop the MoK, take Warptime (Warptime allows you to re-roll attempts to Hit and to Wound, Very useful)

Troops 1 - 243pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power fist
+Rhino transport
Very good, I'm a Khorne Man myself, 'Zerkers are the key. ;)

Troops 2 - 243pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power fist
+Rhino transport
As Above

Troops 3 - 235pts
10x Chaos Space Marines
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
+Rhino Transport
I personally take a 3rd Squad of 'Zerkers, But these are solid, and fairly versatile, with the IoC Extra attack, they are quite more inclined to Close-Combat so that makes them Khorney !:)

Troops 4 - 235pts
10x Chaos Space Marines
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
+Rhino Transport
I Don't tend to take a 4th troop until 2k+ Not even then sometimes. So consider taking this squad out.

Fast Attack 1 - 250pts
8x Chaos Raptor
+Aspiring Champion
+Lightning claws
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
I'm not very Raptory, And raptors arent very Khorne. I'd drop these. 250 points is alot for something that could easily be used for better!

Heavy Support 1 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler
I Love defilers. They are just SO Khorne.. even though not official, but they are just SO Khorne :)
I'd take a Lascannon + DCCW on both, for the extra 40 points, you get 2 Twin-linked Lascannons (twin-linked means re-roll to hit)
Defilers come with Daemonic Possession, so it ignores Shaken and Stunned results, which is very useful!

Heavy Support 2 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler

You really want to fill this 3rd HS slot, for the additional Anti-tank. Obliterators work well, although not very Khorne.

8x Lesser Daemons
Not very useful in this list, Proberbly better off with a Greater Daemon :D

If your worried about playing vs Horde, remember that you have 2 Pie-plates from your Defilers. But you can Also take some flamers.

Priority one change for me: Get the raptors out for Chosen, Much cheaper, and Infliltrate is genius in some situations!!
Priority 2: FIll that 3rd HS SLOT!!!!

I'll Try and write a Khorne 1750 List for you, See what you prefer. :D

Hope i helped a fellow Khorne-Player :D

EDIT: Lorgar, I wouldn't go that far!! There as people here more Knowledgeable :))

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
HQ

Kharn the Betrayer -165

Daemon Prince -155
Wings/Warptime

8 Khorne Berserkers -263
Skull champion with Powerfist and MeltaBombs, Rhino EA

8 Khorne Berserkers -263

7 Khorne Berserkers -197
Rhino EA

Elites

8 Chosen -194
5 meltagun

Heavy support

Defiler - 170
Lascannon, DCCW

Defiler - 170
Lascannon, DCCW

Defiler - 170
Lascannon, DCCW

Quick list off the top of my head (codex downstairs)

Give you something to think about. :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
EDIT: Lorgar, I wouldn't go that far!! There as people here more Knowledgeable :))
in general, possibly. but on khorne, your like svart for nurgle!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like your list ROT, but I think the list I want probably lays somewhere in between.

I love Kharn, always have, infact I have owned a Kharn model on 3 seperate occasions in the past :p

Sometimes I couldn't consider not running him, other times I think the points would be better spent elsewhere. If he can fit in under the points cap then I'm all for it.

The raptors - I want these to stay. I have my reasons, which may turn out to be not worthwhile, but I'd like to have a go with them atleast and decide for myself. I was thinking though, they probably don't need the champ with lightning claws, so maybe some points can be freed up there.

I'm still not sure about the daemons, some say no, some say yes. I can see how they could be quite useful as a cheap scoring unit, especially in an assault oriented force.

The warptime ability on the prince would be nice... I'm starting to get the feeling that with this peice of toilet paper we now call a codex, the idea of a pure Khorne force is shot to peices (as opposed to being sawn apart with a good old chain axe.) GW - please bring back sacred numbers!

I think I'm going to keep juggling numbers and running over things, I'll post back here if I can come up with something new.

In the mean time, if anyone else has anything to add please feel free to comment.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

It is good to see more followers of Khorne among the rank and file. Blood for the Blood God!!
Since it was already stated that the Raptors won't go, I would say drop the lesser daemons, drop 36 more points preferably from the raptors and get a second Daemon Prince with wings and MoK.

As for Defilers not really being Khorne, just rename them 'Brass Scorpions', but use defiler stats. Blood for the Blood God! (a 'supposed' king of Khorne would of course know that!)

Blood For The Blood God!!

World Eater

·
Registered
483 Posts
verry khorny and very good, make sure the defilers have 4 DCCWS for free. get ROT's help, as he's the khorne king!
Hail,

Good advice even if coming from the Word Bearers' Primarch. Blood For The Blood God!!
This response is Angron(Primarch of the World Eaters) approved. Blood For The Blood God!!

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
941 Posts
always glad to make my primarch brother happy!:biggrin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I should give you all a quick update on where my list is at now. I have made some changes, the biggest being losing a CSM squad, but gaining a dakka pred and the mighty Kharn in the process.

The list I am working with now looks something like this:

HQ1 - 155pts
Daemon Prince
+Wings
+Warptime

HQ2 - 165pts
Kharn the Betrayer

Troops 1 - 233pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power weapon
+Rhino transport

Troops 2 - 248pts
8x Khorne Bezerkers
+Skull Champion
+Power fist
+Personal Icon
+Rhino transport

Troops 3 - 235pts
10x Chaos Space Marines
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne
+Rhino Transport

Fast Attack 1 - 210pts
8x Chaos Raptor
+2x Meltaguns
+Icon of Khorne

Heavy Support 1 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler

Heavy Support 2 - 150pts
Chaos Defiler

Heavy Support 3 - 100pts
Predator (autocannon turret)
+Heavy bolter side sponsons

8x Lesser Daemons

Now there are some possible changes that could be made to this list. I could maybe replace Kharn with another DP, but I kinda like Kharn.

The other possible change (which is more likely) is to swap out the pred for a dread armed with a missle launcher. I'm still really tossing that up.

If anyone wants to help me to debate the merits of each then feel free to help out. I am now starting to slightly break fluff to get a slightly better list, as can be seen with the DP no longer carrying the mark of Khorne.

I know the dread would definately suit the theme of the army better but for some reason I am thinking a pred may be more useful.

So for now I am playing the waiting game for my new toys. I have chapterhouse jump packs on the way, as well as the hideously expensive chaos melta guns I managed to find online. Also coming are some standard bolters for the Khornate CSM squad (the kit I am using for them only came with bolt pistols :) ) and a few other conversion goodies.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I assume though it's not stated, that the defilers have 4 DCCWs?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Khorne dosn't get much Codex Love, :\ the +1 Attack from MoK dosn't give the equivalent to say Warptime.
With your new list, I don't really like Raptors, but if your set on having them, run the list as it is, And see how you feel about raptors after a few tries with them, If you decide you don't like them;

Drop them, Add 2 Sponsoon Lascannons anda Lascannon turret to your Predator. And as Unkhorney as it then may be; You should have to points to add a Lascannon arm to each defiler; Thus resulting in roughly sufficient anti tank with 5 Lascannons, Could easily bring down a target a turn; And leaves your Defilers enough Khorne-CC power to slaughter some disgusting Smurfs with their Daemonic Wrath.

I dunno, See how you feel :) I just don't really like Raptors! I used them one game and really hated the feel of them, I don't think they co-inside with any of the Khorne-Like Units, and ever since i just don't use them. :)
But i'd like to hear how you get on. :D

Happy Slaughtering in the name of the Blood God.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
HQ

Kharn the Betrayer -165

Daemon Prince -155
Wings/Warptime

8 Khorne Berserkers -263

8 Khorne Berserkers -263

7 Khorne Berserkers -197
Rhino EA

Elites

8 Chosen -194
5 meltagun

Heavy support

Defiler #1 - 150
Heavy Flamer, DCCW

Defiler #2 - 170
Lascannon, DCCW

Predator - 190
Lascannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsoons, Combi-Melta(Maybe Flamer), Daemonic Possession

Theres something else, Swapped in a Predator, That would Pack a Punch, and put in a Heavy Flamer on the Defiler #1 for use on horde :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Khorne dosn't get much Codex Love, : the +1 Attack You should have to points to add a Lascannon arm to each defiler
Happy Slaughtering in the name of the Blood God.
If you want anti tank take chosen or obliterators and leave the Defiler to its battlecannon.. You cannot fire both in a turn anyways and the Defilers crappy BS of 3 is also off-putting..

The most Khorney way to play a defiler is to advance>shoot battlecannon -- Advance>shoot battlecannon.. And when and if your opponent inevitably destroys your beloved barrage weapon you scream "Blood for the blood god!" and have him fleet charge the nearest target with 4 DCCWs!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dunno, See how you feel :) I just don't really like Raptors! I used them one game and really hated the feel of them, I don't think they co-inside with any of the Khorne-Like Units, and ever since i just don't use them. :)
But i'd like to hear how you get on. :D
Whenever my bits arrive I will assemble one of the raptors and take a photo for you, it may make you change your mind about them fitting in.

I am very keen to play with them though. I don't think they will ever replace berzerkers, but heres a quick comparison:

Basic zerker squad with rhino: 203pts
Basic raptor squad, MoK, 2 meltas: 210pts

Compare the stat lines, only difference is the zerkers have +1 WS.

In the zerker's favour:

Fearless
Furious Charge
All models have MoK without relying on an icon
Scoring unit

In the Raptor's favour:

Not fearless (ironic, but fearless has its pros and cons)
Jump infantry
2 meltaguns, in addition to all of the weaponry the zerkers have
Can deep strike (not that I will be doing this)

I think once I work out how exactly to make the most of it, the raptors and zerkers will excel at mutual support. The raptors as I will be using them are not a commonly seen unit. Maybe there is a reason for that, or maybe nobody has given them a fair go at proving their worth.

If all we ever did was run proven lists, every CSM list you see would be running dual lash princes and maxed oblits, but thats not why we chose Chaos now is it?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I wasn't saying they're bad, i just don't like them. However when i get my Sanguinary Guard, i'm converting them into Raptors, the sexy models might change my mind :D

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
If you want anti tank take chosen or obliterators and leave the Defiler to its battlecannon.. You cannot fire both in a turn anyways and the Defilers crappy BS of 3 is also off-putting..

The most Khorney way to play a defiler is to advance>shoot battlecannon -- Advance>shoot battlecannon.. And when and if your opponent inevitably destroys your beloved barrage weapon you scream "Blood for the blood god!" and have him fleet charge the nearest target with 4 DCCWs!
I've played countless games in the name of Khorne, and never one time has a defiler got into Combat... So i just stuck on Lascannons for the sake of making them useful after i've blown infantry to pieces.

Defilers being #1 priority to kill, They NEVER last it into combat, which is why i sway towards 3 DCCW's Not 4.

Am i making sense to you?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts