Troops

10 x Tactical Marines w/ Rhino - meltagun & missile launcher

Heavy Support

Vindicator

Vindicator

Total: 1500

I feel it's missing something but i can't tell.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I think you'll have a hard time running both Sternguard and Termies while leaving yourself enough points to flesh out the rest of the list... I would see this as a one or the other choice.. then with the extra points, I would pick up some more ranged threat.

Also, without a lot more threats on the board, the vindis won't make it past turn 2. With the tacs combat squadded, nobody is going to be afraid of them.... so there's no need to shoot at them. So all fire will go into the vindis...

I think if you change out the vindis for preds, drop the termies and add in two speeders your list will be a lot more workable...

Here's an example of a 1500 vindi list I put together... My opinion is that they're great to run as long as supported.... but I think it gets difficult....
2 Vindis
3 Speeders
3 Rifleman Dreads
2 Full Tac with Razorback
Libby

Now if you were to try to add in Sternguard or Termies on top of this, then you're in even more trouble cause those points have got to come from somewhere... ie, your support... hope that makes sense

·
Registered
670 Posts
That list looks familiar :p http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2010/08/warp-message-need-feed-back-soon-as.html you're every where aren't you! lol.

Preds and Speeders are always a nice option, however I used what the OP has when he messaged me and created that list.

Tacticals broken down into combat squads would apply what you said in all games, however that's not the case as they are a threat due to long range fire power, melta and they can claim objectives.

As for Vindicators, I'm sure they'll make it past turn 2, if not one of them will and if they are being shot at then nothing else is.

I would probably ditch the Sternguard and get some Land Speeders really.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(It is my duty to be one with the galaxy) oops wrong game lol

Thought about that but alas spent my money on coulpe of rhino's and a vindie bout two hours ago. Almost finished with assembly and about to start air bushing.

I do get my dreads back tonight maybe. (being enamled painted) if i drop support my luck it'll objectives.Usually not at MLGS.

but we are running missions now so maybe speeders? what about bikes like a simili white scars list sans Khan?

·
Registered
670 Posts
You definately need Rhinos either way. With multiple Rhino chassis you're giving more threats. Like I said on Dakka shield the Vindicators behind Rhinos as they are high priority targets, pop smoke with the Rhinos. Lay down salvo of missiles and even if you stun a vehicle you've stopped it from shooting at you ;) Don't get out the Rhino unless you have to remember they have a hatch so make the most of it ;)

I hope the above helps and remember target priority ;)

Only changes I would make is ditch Sternguard for Pred auto/las and two multi melta Speeders. You've now got more long ranged fire power and two fast moving meltas for alpha strike, maybe. I did this and find the Pred and Speeders better than Sternguard and you still have the same number of tanks ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get out the Rhino unless you have to remember they have a hatch so make the most of it ;)

What about the fire points on the rhino that don't requrie top to be open?

i always thought you could shoot out wit 2 guys if you wanted no open top i'm not chaos right?

might go ahead with dreads after all give me some time to re do list as i am painting or change what you want and post it . all the i can get would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok read it wrong (not all the way through) lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
can you shoot out with two guys and utilize a psycher non shooting phase ability from inside the rhino?

i think he's a little heavy on tac and light on firepower annnd im more keen on librarians than chaplains for my regular marine list.

good luck tomorrow though!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really don't use libby's but prefer the re-roll to hit in cc with my chaplin. although am thinking of dropping stern for something else let you know in a lil i'm painting my new vindi and clear coating my rhinos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts